1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Punishment for Terrorists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Space Ghost, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Does anyone have an idea for the punishment for terrorists?

It seems lately that they have been rounding up potential terrorists. Are they applied the same rules? Or are they put to death?

These people are ****ing crazy. They do not deserve to be let free.

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

Of course they will have the same rules applied as other people.

3. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I hope that they are given consecutive life sentences so that they can wither away in some jail somewhere. They don't even deserve a shot at those virgins awaiting them.

4. Space Ghost

Davo,

I know they get the fair rights of trial ect ... but what is their punishment?

These guys will NOT change. That is what the system is about ... punishment will lead to recovery. I thought a read how some of these potential terrorist are working with the government for lighter sentence. Lighter sentence? They only deserve one of the possible two. Life in prison or death!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Would they be able to "convert" others to their fake-Islam while in jail? I've noticed the tendency of a lot of inmates to convert to Islam while in jail. The last thing I want is a jail full of potential whackos being let out and being a training ground to boot.

On the other hand, maybe there're some American thugs in the jails that would take exception to what the terrorists did and show them the meaning of "eye for an eye".

6. davo

davo Contributing Member

Ghost,

The same applies to pedophiles and sex offenders - it is widely agreed that they cannot be cured or changed, yet they still get released eventually.

There is no way the rules for punishment will get changed, if they are processed by the US Justice system.

If they catch them in a Afghanistan however.....

7. Space Ghost

Sorry Davo, i have to disagree.

not so much with whether or not sex offenders can be cured, but this is on a different magnitute. Your examples are poor.

I'd rather 10 psyocopath serial killers on the street than one of these crazed terrorist.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think your issue stems from your assumption that punishment is supposed to lead to recovery. It's a theory some espouse, but what about punishment as a deterrent? or punishment for its own sake? If they finish serving a punishment that 'fits the crime' and still live, why should they continue the punishment just because they can't be 'cured'?

9. treeman

treeman Member

Look, these people are scared of nothing but pork products. If a muslim has any part of a pig in him when he dies, then he cannot go to heaven and screw 72 virgins... If he has a pig part in him when he dies, then he goes to hell.

The Israelis have been using pork-filled bullets for years, and they scare the s*it out of Palestinian crowds. They are very effective for crowd control. I say we take it a step further...

Pork-filled grenades. ATGMs and Rockets with ham layers around the missile fuselage. 1,000lb cluster bombs with bacon-filled bomblets. 2,000lb penetration bombs with pockets of pork fat lined about the canister walls...

Every islamic terrorist who is caught should be gutted and stuffed with pig innards. Take a picture of them and drop the pictures over suspected terrorist training camps.

Send them all to hell. And let them know where they're going... :D

10. boy

boy Member

the isrealis are the biggest abusers of human rights in the world. i know lil girls who were stripped searched just because they wanted to visit their families. they killed 17,000 people in invading lebanon in a matter of months and sharon gave orders to his christian extremist b!tches in lebanon to butcher 2 thousand people in a day or two in a UN camp. they raped them as well. so yes any borrowing of israeli tactics is far from the human rights cause we supposedly encourage (except in saudi arabia, china, russia, and any other country who's government might support us if we shut up more about their human rights violations).

rational thinking: these alleged terrorists drank alcohol and went to clubs. now let me remind you no pious sincere believer of islam would regularly attend nightclubs or drink alcohol for alcohol is strictly prohibited in islam and nightclubs don't tend to help the piety of a muslim. so im sure the 'pigs' won't deter them.

and im sure most of the people weren't amused by that drivel.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'd have to agree with the guy from west wing. He said we should put them in little cells and make them watch home movies of weddings , birthday parties, bar mitzvahs , and other gatherings of the people that they killed, everyday for the rest of their lives : and before they go to sleep every night they get pucnhed in the mouth

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

PUBLIC BURNING at a STAKE, perhaps at Half-Time of the SuperBowl!

13. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I was skeptical about how The West Wing's special production would come off, but I was very impressed.

And yes, I too liked Josh's idea about the punishment for these cowardly failed martyrs.