1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fearless Forecast: Jordan Won't Last Season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know some of you think that I'm crazy, but I think people that now automatically assume that the Wizards are going to make the playoffs because of Jordan don't realize how bad the team is. Richard Hamilton is the only other-proven quality NBA player on the team. Jahidi White is a role player as is everybody else. Unfortunately, with the exception of White, they are not very good role players.

Jordan is 38 and being away as long as he has will make him more susceptible to injury. I know he's MJ and he's not mortal, but he did have problems in getting ready to come back by breaking or cracking a rib. What will happen if someone gives him a hard foul in a game?

However, I think the main reason he won't last the season is that he will run out of patience with the rest of the Wizards team. How much do you wanna bet that he throws the ball to someone like Laettner who's wide open with a chance to win the game and Laettner bricks the shot? Do you think that Jordan will like that? Better yet do you think he'll like it when Laettner blows him off if MJ gives him a hard time?

I just feel that Jordan is too intense of a competitor to put up with a team of poor basketball players.

2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I won't bet against you. Jordan's not the type of guy who'd be able to put up with a season of mostly losses a la Clippers (or should I say, Bulls). Heck, if he couldn't even attend Wizards games as a freakin' GM, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke down if the Wizards just kept losing.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Hamilton-18, 3, 3, 1
    Alexander-17, 3, 1.5, 1

(PPG, RPG, APG, SPG)

If Hamilton is proven, then so is Alexander.

Like you said, White is a pretty good role player, plays "D" and rebounds.

Kwame Brown could play very well this season. At the very least something like 9, 8, 3.

Add Heywood, Thomas, and Loy Vaught, and you have a decent front court, that at least defends, rebounds, and scores decently.

A starting five of:
    C-White
    PF-Thomas
    SF-Brown
    SG-Jordan
    PG-Hamilton

could definitely compete in the east.

With Jordan really wanting to win now, you might even see a mid-season deal to get some more talent.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Doesn't Washington have Hubert Davis? He is a decent guard off the bench.

5. Rocket crazy

Rocket crazy Member

Laettner wide open and game on the line- Jordan does not pass it and will shoot it himself.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand why that is a fearless prediction?

Anyway, I disagree. Jordan will last the season. I don't think the Wizards make the playoffs, but it doesn't seem as if a majoirty of the experts do either, though.

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yes

8. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Did somebody say Jordan's team will not make the playoffs?

Now thats a fearless prediction!