1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For anyone thinking about hating American Arabs.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Sep 23, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Message From The FBI Director About Need For Linguists

FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III, to the American public: "On September 17, I asked for assistance from our citizens with Arabic language capability. The Arabic-American community and others immediately overwhelmed our telephone switchboard."

"I want to thank you for your tremendous response and support. Individuals who are interested in assisting us should now apply on-line at www.fbijobs.com." Please apply if you are proficient in English and one of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, and Pashto. Details and specific requirements can be found on www.fbijobs.com.

I understand the fear of the people. I also understand, and I also know how unfortunate it is, how fear breeds irrational behavior. I am proud to see Americans of Middle-Eastern decent understand this, and take visible measures to separate themselves from the people we all should fear.

Hurray for the Mosques and ME community leaders who have publicly denounced the attacks on America. Hurray for Americans who have offered their help in our time of tragedy.

God Bless All America.

#1 Lynus302, Sep 23, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2001
  2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thats good to hear. If they were looking for someone who could speak Hindi I would seriously consider calling.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

This weekend we dropped some flowers off at our local Mosque. Ya'll might do the same.