1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With such fine Arab news agency reporting, no wonder Arabs love Jews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ottomaton, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This taken from the SANA, the Syrian Arab News Agency. No wonder relations in the middle east are so smooth. I love how they make this sound as if it's not even in question, but a proven fact that everyone has accepted.

Israeli Involvement in Terrorist Attacks against US

CAPITALS Sept 17 ( Agencies) Five Israeli suspected of involvement in the recent terrorist attacks against New York Trade Center and the Pentagon were detained four hours after New York attack, the Israeli Haaretz reported.

Haaretz reported that the five Israelis were on the roof of a nearby building taking pictures; they were investigated and interrogated for three days, one of them has another European Nationality and was suspected to be a member if the Israeli Mossad.

Al-Manar TV Station said that 4000 Israelis working in the World Trade Center in New York weren't present in their work on the day of the attacks in implementation for orders from the Israeli government.

There were no reports of Israelis or American Jews missing in the attacks so far.

The Omani 'Al-Wattan' daily quoted Arab diplomatic sources as saying that the absence of the Israelis from their work on Tuesday, the day of the attacks, caused suspicions for the US officials.

Earlier, Ahmad Tibi, an Arab of 1948 Knesset Member, declared that the Knesset deliberated the arrest of the said 5 Israelis, who were later on handed over to the Migration Authorities in New Jersey.

Tibi asserted in a statement that the handing over proved the double standard policy of the US media in covering the attacks.

M.Abdo

link to the original page here

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What a bunch of sick freaks! I didn't hear anything about American Indians missing in the disaster, they must be in on it! Anybody hear about Alaskans being there? Get Bush on the phone, we have to take them out! Great to see the SANA aren't lying to their people to start a freaking war!

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

4. Jumanji

Jumanji Member

Truly sad.

I just got back in Houston from NYC.

I went to ground zero and later that evening had dinner with a small group of close friends and aquaintences one of whom lost his girl friend in the WTC. All were Arab Americans or expats here in the states and all well educated adults.

I was amazed to hear the same garbage flow from their mouths. I do understand their feelings. It is a form of denial/self-dillusion with certainly a strong portion of transferrence.

Even when confronted with evidence of previous attempts to do this by Arab extremists connected to Bin Laden (the failed French hijacking that was going to fly the plane into the Eiffel Tower in the mid-90's, the Algerian GIA suspect who was a known lieutenant of Bin Laden caught in February trying to learn how to fly 757/767's), they still continued to argue their point that it was a Zionist plot or a home-grown terrorist like Mcvey.

sad. sad. sad. And the war goes on.

I spend a lot of time in Egypt and see these ridiculous "news" articles all the time. The front page of the Egyptian Gazette is always occupied (50-70%) by the most ludicrous storuies of "what the Jews did to the Palestinians today". I do not hold either party guiltless but formal propaganda produced by state news agencies for the pure purpose of rallying hate for a single group/religeon is flat out wrong at any time or place.

This is going to be a long war.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Jumanji,

Very, very dissapointing to hear that.

6. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

And we think that "just" the terrorists are evil. Look at the role that governments and journalists take in promoting great, great misunderstandings which continually lead to horrors and retribution.

I just don't understand how it is that people don't seem to want to arrive at genuine solutions to these grave problems. We have but one life to traipse around on this verdant earthball, why do it in a perpetual life and death struggle?

70 virgins, you say? You can almost understand the desperation of the suicidal Muslims.

7. kirkit

kirkit Contributing Member

richrocket
    muslims dont all die for the 70 virgins. the 70 virgins in heaven is just a way to show people that you can get whatever you want in heaven. dont you think they would be dying so they wouldnt have to go to hell? juhad is a ticket out of hell into heaven, not a ticket to get 70 virgins.

8. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Isn't it true that you don't get the virgins unless you die as a martyr against The Great Satan? Then and only then you get the 72 virgins. Not before. Not without dying. Only after dying a martyr's death. Right?

I have heard it described (even just this morning) as a promissary for those who die the martyr's death. Yes, it is a perversion of the faith but it is part of the motivation. Why the number 72?

I understand that it isn't a part of the traditional Islam faith.

9. kirkit

kirkit Contributing Member

I dont know why its 70, ill have to research on that, but I know a muslim does not have to be a martyr to get 70 virgins. anyone who goes to heaven can get 70 virgins, or 70 cars or anything. its just to show how good heaven is.

10. Kendrick

Kendrick New Member

It seems you put a lot of faith into the Syrian Arab news agency. With Syria being one of the worlds top hideouts for terrorist groups. :confused: