1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rollercoaster ride for us all!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROCKET RICH NYC, Sep 14, 2001.

1. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

I reported wednesday that my friend on the 103 floor of One World Trade Center was ok in critical condition. Last night, I was told by her boyfriend that the information was incorrect and that she is still missing. She was originally on the WTC Survivor list. However, as many have reported, that list has a lot of incorrect information. I then found out another friend of mine who works in Jersey City across from WTC is missing. He evidently had a meeting at WTC that morning. It's been a Rollercoaster ride for everyone but I'm still keeping the faith. May God protect them and God Bless us all.

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Amen. I will be praying for them.

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I'm sure we'll all be praying for them.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

...bump...

no words can express my empathy for your postion, much less your expressed worries, and those of your friends.

...continue the vigil for the circle of Rocket Rich NYC...

even from our distance, it is respect for the past and present, which is respect for us all...plus, it just helps for unexplainable reasons.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Rich if there is anything I can do let me know.

I found out today that two firefighters that my boss knows personally is confirmed....man! I can't say it...gone.

She grew up with them. She is devastated

I have a feeling it's going to get worse before this is all over.

Mark

6. ROCKET RICH NYC

Thank you all for your prayers to my friends and their families. I've already come to the realization that my friends are most likely not returning however, I am still hoping some of the rescuers may be found.
    It's been a rough ride for everybody on this board. As I have said before, I don't really post a lot but read this site religiously several times a day. This place has been a haven for myself and others over the past couple of years. It's so good to be a part of a community with common interests especially during this time. I'm glad nobody on this BBS was directly injured. Indirectly we are all victims of this event. May God bless and protect us all!

7. heypartner

ROCKET RICH NYC,

Let's celebrate your friends, then. We don't know how to do that...but we can celebrate them through you.

Here's a dedication to RRNYC's circle of friends with a "best of" posting by our favorite Rocket's jet-set writer in NY.

I hope you don't think I'm a stalker for finding your choicest threads....you've always been a fav of mine, and I have a weird memory for cc.net BBS threads.

12-12-99 Nets game: ROCKET RICH with his first BIG recap, with an inpromptu Popeye follow-up
    <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2605">Courtside observations from the game tonight</a>

1/10/01: Rocket Rich wets our appetite with a Rocket's pre-game party
    <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?threadid=8309">Rocket's Party Tonight</a>

1/11/01 sleeping in the next day: Rocket Rich stays out way too late the day before the big game
    <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010416.html">What a long night!</a>

1/12/01 day after the big Mobley win!!: Rocket Rich chimes in on Almu's thread to give the complementary NY perspective
    <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010440.html">Before You Praise/Kill the Rocks, You Had To See It Live</a>

8-13-01 ROCKET RICH proves he is always around the stars
    <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20902">I saw Glen Rice today</a>

#7 heypartner, Sep 17, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2001
  8. ROCKET RICH NYC

Crispee-
    Thanks for the love! Thank you all for the different posts on this BBS which have taken my mind off of things too like the Burger King Tacos post. I haven't seen the tacos in NYC yet.

9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Just got back from singing at several fire stations on 66th, 72nd, 83rd, and a police station on 82nd all on the west side. Me and a lot of the rest of the crowd at Juilliard want to do something, so much, and we knew we could at least bring music.
    The scene at each fire station is so emotional. Each has a wall with pictures, pictures of their brothers, fellow firemen. Regular guys, pictured with their wives and children (lord that ripped my beating heart out.) Heroes. Hundreds, I mean really hundreds of lit candles burning near the wall. Flowers everywhere. Tons of pictures and posters drawn by children thanking them.

The scene at 72nd I'll never forget. As we arrived with candles in hand, we started singing 'Amazing Grace' and within three notes one of the guys at the door just lost it, buried his face in his hand trying to hide his tears. God, it makes me cry to remember it. Most of us started crying too, I almost couldn't continue singing from choking up. All the guys in the company came forward to listen. They took a huge hit- I understand they lost six men.

Anyway, school is closing here, have to go.

10. heypartner

I always lose it on Amazing Grace, too....especially the single bagpipe variety!

Glad you are fine, too, Nolen. I'll see you around the holidays again for a game? right!

11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

crispee- yer darn tootin'.

When do you get your handle back, anyway?