1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It seems to me the Rockets are getting to the point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jan 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

where they go into every game expecting to win (even without the big guy)

In addition to that, the Rockets are not letting bad calls/breaks/pg play phaze them. This could be our year and god willing T-Mac and Yao can stay healthy we can make a three or four year run in which we compete for an NBA title every year.

I am so pumped up and can't wait till Tuesday night, if we go to little d and win that game short handed and off the 30 point win over them in November it will be safe to say we are the scariest team in the NBA.

2. johnrox

johnrox Member

let's say this for real after the next four game stretch. rockets play the top 3 teams in the west coming up, this is the real test

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

What would suck is if we start losing when Yao comes back. That would bring out alot of haters and place the blame on Yao. "T-Mac is better than Yao, yeah!!!"

4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I hope bonzi can play. That will go a long way to helping our cause.

5. wingz0

wingz0 Member

That's what's worrying me the most. These past 3 games, Mac hasn't really been all that aggressive, and even though he scored 37 today, his percentage isn't good at all...Too many perimeter shots.

Next game will be a tough one. Tmac needs to be aggressive in that one, and Battier needs to step up, he was just off tonight. Collectively, we need to play well to win against Dallas. As hot as we are now winning-percentage-wise, we're just overmatched without Yao to exploit in the middle.

I think the team's in for a rude awakening for the next game against Dallas, but if they get their heads on right and play hard, who knows, we just might win.

6. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

very true

oh well

i predict
    when yao comes back we loose the first 3 games

then go on to win 20 games in a row

7. daaum

daaum Member

we are 14-6 when both yao and t-mac play together....so there is less chance according to this that we will be losing alot of games when yao comes back....

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

This team is showing all the signs of being special.

They have heart, they have pride, a real determination and professionalism that is arguably unmatched in the league.

They are finding ways to win every game, especially at the end of the game.

Boy, sure is reminding me of this organization's glory days!!!

9. Omer

Omer Member

I think T-Mac will give Dallas another taste of 2005, it's his team now.

10. windfern

windfern Member

Blame it on the coach then. :D

11. wingz0

wingz0 Member

It's his team, yes, but we are not gonna win if Tmac plays like he has been playing these 3 games; settling for jumpshots and not going to the rim with a vengeance.

Let's not underestimate Dallas, they've a VERY good team, they're well-coached and they're on a roll just like us.

The X-Factor comes down to them having a completely healthy squad, whereas we're missing out big guy in the middle, who was the primary reason we blew them out by 30 earlier in the season.

If we win this, then we can count ourselves lucky. If we win both this AND the Phoenix game, only then can we start counting our chickens.

Regardless, the next 5 games will be a test of the team's resolve.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont know but can someone refresh my memory if tuesday's game will be mcgrady's first game in dallas since game 7? if i recall right the mavericks played all four games against the rockets without mcgrady and like 2 without yao.

am i right or just getting old?

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow i would probably go insane if the rockets beat the Mavs and the Suns this week.

14. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

I believe everyone is pumped. The bad news is Yao will come back very late(I've heard he is expected to be on the court on the end of March). There is no enough time for the whole team to work together to find the best rhythm.
    But anyway, we will go deep if everyone is healthy. :D

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You are right. Wow this will be a good game.

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You're absolutely right

First game back since the 40 point playoff schillacking

Last regular season game he played in Dallas he dropped 48 and Nowitzki had a career high of 53

I sitll don't know how we can defend Nowitzki. Tmac has the capability to shut him down, but we don't have anybody else.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've been thinking the same thing(s), but I don't want to say it too loudly, for fear of a jinx :eek:

Special is a good word for this group of guys though, and not in the short bus kind of way.

18. MystikArkitect

The difference between Yao/Mac 4 weeks from now and Yao/Mac of the beginning of the year was that T-Mac was a fraction of the player he is right now. He didn't drive, he pretty much deferred to Yao all the time and became somewhat predictable. Now he can get to the basket, or dish it out. He's playing with much less fear and it shows. I think its up to JVG to decide how they will coincide...

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Your post gives me chill bumps. They don't seem to be that talented, but they have mad chemistry right now. That could prove to be special. Nothing "elegant" about their game, they just grind out wins. The next few games will prove just how special they are. In the next two weeks, win or lose, we will find out if this team is really going anywhere in the postseason.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right, but there's good news, too: After the Mavs game, 11 of our next 14 are at home. With a little luck, we could be sitting pretty close to a .667 winning percentage after that, with a bead on home-court for the first round of the playoffs.