1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Long???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

How long do you think the search and rescue/recovery of people, destruction of unsafe buildings, cleanup of the destroyed buildings, and rebuilding of all these structures will take? I believe 10+ years.

2. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Have they intimated that they are going to rebuild both towers?

3. Lil Pun

Mayor Rudy said that the towers will be built again and they will be as great as their formers were.

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

The initial building took about 7 years.

So I say 8-9 yrs total. 10 most likely.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you serious? Wow. That's shocking.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope they DON'T rebuild them. Who would work there, anyone?

I would rather there be a memorial park put in place there.

DaDakota

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Build them back up , Dont remind people of how we were beaten , remind them of how we fought back .

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I would think they would need to build some building there just to provide office space for the city (at the least). That would be relatively a lot of room in a space-limited city set aside for a park.

Plus, it is symbolic. Though I don't think the massive expense of building towers so tall is offset by the symbolism of rebuilding the towers. But that's just my personal opinion.

9. Lil Pun

People, the fact is that SOME buildings will have to be built to replace the destroyed ones, maybe not the exact towers but some buildings. Inside the WTC Towers alone, 50,000 people worked and thousands worked in buldings around the WTC that have also been or will be destroyed. We can't just have 50,000+ more jobless people. I know that some would be reluctant to work there but people go to work everyday in buildings that could be similar targets (Sears Tower, Empire State Building, Transco Tower, etc.) Not building something to replace them would be a victory for the terrorists in my opinion.

10. Lil Pun

Have many of you seen the reports that I saw earlier? I have seen the report on numerous channels and news stations, but as I said earlier not only the mayor of NYC but also the governor of NY and the Senators of NY have all said that the World Trade Towers will stand again.

11. haven

haven Member

I think one has to ask if it's a good idea to continue building such large skyscrapers. If this is going to be a continuous war, symbolism is all well-and-good, but realistically... perhaps we should go low.

Don't give them a 50k person target, again.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Maybe somebody said something wrong on the news, or maybe I heard it in the wrong context, but I thought they said it took only 3 years to build them.

13. Lil Pun

Yeah I thought it was a shorter time than 7 years too.