1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Economic consequences

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Major, Sep 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

historically this has been true
    I doubt this will be much different

The Great War Machine is cranking up . . . .
    there will be .. . a Reckoning.

Rocket River

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

During a true War, that is true; a.k.a. fiscal policy.

A limited, targeted response will not have the same impact on the economy.

The strongest effect will still be downward pressure due to increased risk and uncertainty, which the market despises.

If the military response is quick and decisive, it may recover quickly. Else, it will take some time, particularly if a recession occurs as a result of decreased consumer confidence.

Again, none of these markets issues are tragic. It creates buying opportunities.

Pray for those hurt.

3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Crazy thing happened today that I thought was relevant to this discussion. I was trying to explain to my daughter about yesterday's attack (they had an assembly about it at school). I was talking about the damage and why they might have attacked the targets they did, and my daughter, who is seven looked up at me and said "yeah, and its going to affect the stock market too, huh?" I have to admit I was thinking "what the hell?"

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

"Its NEVER about revenge! are you going to revenge by killing 20,000 terrorist? We need to attack and make a point that we are not going to accept this kind of behavior."

Space Ghost- It became personal when someone comes onto our turf and hurt out citizens. Revenge, or payback, or justice whatever you want to call it will be swift and final. To me revenge is something personal and this is personal. THe act of enacting justice means (to me) an outside party figuring guilt or innocence. So IMO the retaliation will be a form of revenge.

And at this point I would happily kill every terrorist wheter they had anything to do with this attack or not.