1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay.. so where is Carr going next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Dec 12, 2006.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think his point is that the Texans suck and they would be alot better with Vince.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What will Jake Plummer Cost the Texans?

Rocket River
    Suck it up Texan fan . . JAKE IS COMING

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm sure he'll come cheap. Plus he'll probbly ant to go back to Kubiak for less money

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i heard something about plummer and kubiak not getting along very well. don't know, though.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Plummer is kind of a weird guy, I could see that happening. But, I cant imagine Carr and Kubiak getting along any better

6. MManal

MManal Member

Actually, I think it will be more like this.... February 8, 2025 Vince Young will be inducted into the Hall of Fame following a 14 year career complete with 5 Super Bowl rings. A reporter will ask "Vince, do you remember this thing called the 'Curse of the Bambino'? It appears you may have enacted a football version of this on the Texans because they have been nowhere near the Super Bowl in their 19 year existence."

Vince will respond, "Yes, I remember this and it is possible, I would have loved to win these 5 Super Bowls in my home town, but it was not meant to be. The 'Curse of the Bambino' went on for what 86 years? I guess the Texans still have some time to reach that."

Then Fran Blinebury will write an article comparing how trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees was the equivalent of letting Bud Adams get Vince Young.

7. 1Bowler

1Bowler Member

Everybody needs to shut the hell up, you b!tches keep sayin' Carr suck, well who the hell is throwing Andre Johnson the ball(Leads NFL on rec.) and he also tied an NFL record with 22 consecutive passes, and leads the league in completion %, maybe if the NFL would stop matching us up against so many playoff teams N.E., Philly, Dal (Indy and Jax too but we have to play them, and we did sweep Jax) and a few of the playoff potentials in both of N.Y.'s(Ten. too, but again we have to play them). With schedules like our is it any wonder we don't finish with such a bad record. If we had a shedule like N.E. where they play Buf., Miami, and G.B., Det., and Minn. we would have a pretty good record and Carr would get the respect he deserves, if the texans need to get rid of anybody it their Running Back's trade all of them(except Davis) plus one T.E.(we have 3,we don't need more than 2)for some defense, then in the draft we get Adrian "All Day" Peterson. So shut up and pay attention to what Carr does right. In case you didn't guess I picked "He's not going anywhere. Texans."

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

this is actually a valid point - not because it excuses carr or even the texans, but as they currently stand, 13 of the texans' 16 opponents this year are .500 or better; and 9 are still playoff-eligible. that's a rather difficult schedule, especially for a 2-14 team. the current combined opponents' record is 116-94.

next year, they'll get oakland and cleveland again, as well as NO, atl, car and TB, a far easier stretch than dal, phil, NYG, was. unfortunately, they may very well be in the toughest division in football; certainly one of the best.

9. Major

Major Member

I'm not so sure about that. I think a division with San Diego, Denver and KC or Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cinci are both tougher than Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee. That would put the Texans in the 3rd most difficult AFC division out of 4.

10. Hey Now!

which would make it the 3rd most difficult division in football, and thus, "certainly one of the best."

11. Major

Major Member

3rd out of 8 is one of the best? Is 4th out of 8 one of the best too? That's a pretty low standard to set. Lower half of your conference is one of the best?

12. msn

msn Member

You make it sound like he said 57th out of 100.

Yes, 3rd out of 8 is one of the best.

13. MadMax

top 38% or so is BEST???? in what context??????

the colts are good. the jags and titans have been mediocre. this is not anywhere near the best division in football. we beat the jags 2x. we should have beat the titans both times.

14. msn

msn Member

Who said it was "BEST?????". The statement was, "one of the best". In other words, those 3 are head and shoulders better than the other five.

Well, first of all no one said it was. But secondly, it's closer to the best division than it is to the worst. Again, "top 38%" sounds like a lot--like a graduating class or 80. Or 280. We're talking only 8 divisions here. For example, the best two is the top 17%. That's not even "top ten"! You can skew those numbers anyway you like, but this is the 3rd best division in football (in an admittedly weak year), and that makes this division "one of the best". If it makes you feel better, you can say, "one of the three best."

15. MadMax

we're nitpicking!!! :D i hate that we have such low expectations.

happy holidays, my friend!!!

16. msn

msn Member

Busted! It's a slow day at work, I can nitpick a little if I want to.

No kidding; the NFL sucks. Today I had lunch at a sports bar and 41-38 was playing. Freaking torture. However, as I watched I was thinking, "the NFL sucks compared to those days."

Merry Christmas!

17. MadMax

i saw 41-38 with AnotherBrother, Jeff and rimbaud today at lunch!!!!!!! we were dying when it came on!!! :)

thanks for the good wishes.

18. Hey Now!

well, technically speaking, based on aggregate record, it's the second best division right now in the nfl - the best (which you didn't even mention) is the afc east (31-25). the afc south is tied with the afc north at 30-26. the afc west is 29-27. only one of the nfc's 4 divisions has a winning aggregate record (the east: 29-27), and guess who's playing them this year?

even if you remove the last place team from each division, the afc south is still tied for second best in terms of aggregate record (26-16; the afc west is the best at 27-15).

considering indy is the best team in football, record-wise, since 2002 (59-19); jacksonville's been winning 63% of their games since 2004 (an average of 10 wins/year) and the titans look like they've legitimately turned the corner...........

yes, its "certainly one of the best" as i said originally. and they're playing the best division in the nfc... so, again, it's been a brutal schedule this year.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Spineless to Spleenless.

I like it.

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

After winning out (last 2 games -hopefully) his stock goes up? Or no?