1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stu Jackson still HOT with Stevie after forced trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseCat, Aug 31, 2001.

1. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

Things are slow, so here is a Rockets article from Bskball.com

The Rockets Report
    By Bill "The Rocket Guy"
    08/30/01
    STU JACKSON STILL STEWING????

Let's face it. Opening up the free agent signings and trades early, while making July more bearable, has absolutely killed August. There is next to nothing going on. It seems the NBA GM's have little to do or talk about too, as one in particular has dug up an old horse to beat on some more. I was speaking to a guy who is a very intense Grizzlies fan yesterday and the talk turned to Eddie Griffin. He said that Stu Jackson was referring to the Rockets' acquisition of Eddie Griffin as Steve Francis Part II. Jackson, of course, is voicing his continued bitterness over the whole Dickerson for Francis deal a couple of years ago. Isn't it about time he got over that? By the way - IT WAS JACKSON'S FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The Grizzlies spoke to Steve Francis prior to the draft about the prospect of him playing in Vancouver. Steve told them right out that A) He did not want to play in Vancouver and would not sign a deal; and B) He did not want to play the 2, which he would have been asked to do in Vancouver. The Grizzlies also spoke to another hot draft prospect, Lamar Odom, who said he was hoping to play in Canada and was thrilled with the prospect of being a member of the Grizzlies. YOU BE THE GM!

Do you - A - draft the guy who said he would not play for your team even if you drafted him?

Or - B - draft the guy who is equally talented at another position who has expressed a desire to be on your team?

Most of you, I'm sure, chose B. I would have. Unfortunately, the high dollar GM who is supposed to be an expert at these kinds of things chose A. Surprise, surprise, the guy who aid he would not play in Vancouver before the draft still was not interested after the draft. Funny how those thing work out. Jackson was forced to trade Steve Francis. I can understand Stu being bitter about the experience. It was basically Michael Dickerson for Francis. Dickerson is a solid 2, but he is no All-Star and certainly no Steve Francis. So where should Jackson's bitterness be focused? On the Rockets????? Did Carroll Dawson put a gun to Stu's head and say "Draft Steve Francis or it's coytuns!" <make sure you read that last quote in your best mental impersonation of Al Pacino's voice.> NO! Carroll Dawson made an offer, Jackson accepted, and the rest is history. The only person Stu has to blame is Stu! When you make a stupid obvious mistake, you often pay dearly. He should be glad he at least got a solid guard out of the deal.

Lamar Odom? Oh he's not much. Just 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks per game.

I think it's time for everyone to get over the fact that Stu was an idiot, especially Stu. All he does by whining about it is remind of the fact . . .over and over and over . . .

On THEROCKETGUY.COM - Moochie Norris remains our lone free agent and we still have to address the center position if we hope to make the playoffs.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

boo hoo hoo...cry me a river...

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

It will only get worse STEW....I mean Stu. As Francis improves, Stu will continue to get angrier......then spontaneously combust.

GET
    OVER
    IT.

4. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

" .... I was speaking to a guy who is a very intense Grizzlies fan yesterday and the talk turned to Eddie Griffin. He said that Stu Jackson was referring to the Rockets' acquisition of Eddie Griffin as Steve Francis Part II. ...

With all due respect .... a third hand quote from a rival team's fan I can live with ... really .... well, sorta ....

...... anyway ..... to quote Stu's reaction, then comment at length on what those brief words mean ... " .... Steve Francis Part II..." .... from a totally negative perspective ....

...... well, call my glass half full but ..... my view says I interpret that quote as a well deserved vote of admiration for the Rocket organization. An organization that excels in pulling off tough, unpredictable ... hell call it amazing ..... trades in the face of adversity. Not once, but twice within recent years.

An exclamation of approval and respect from a General Manager that once upon a time, thanked the Rockets profusely for trading his stagnant team a hefty hunk of talent and role players for a reluctant draftee.

Negativism can be contagious .... but so can Positive Attitude!

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

OP, I had been wondering what was meant by Steve Francis Part II -- was he implying that Griffin forced the Nets to trade him or something? But now I understand -- It's referring to the Rockets fleecing yet another team of their rookie talent!

6. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

I took "Francis part II" as just that. Well sort of anyways.

Another rookie Franchise player, with unbelievable talent and upside.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We are so fortunate to have gotten both of them since it almost seemed impossible to get either one.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'd have to agree with OilyPear's statement. This sounds more like Stu would be saying the Rockets are getting yet another hell of a deal in the off-season for another super rookie prospect; one they never should've realistically had access to. I don't think Eddie made any comments about not wanting to play in New Jersey and to trade him immediately. This sounds more like a compliment or a statement of "damn, they did it again".

#8 Dr of Dunk, Sep 1, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2001
  9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I agree with Pops. I mean, this thing was written by Bill "The Rocket Guy". We all know that he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...