1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao getting blocked by Nate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Porsche576, Nov 21, 2006.

1. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

Absolutely true, I would love to see Yao do that.

2. boby

boby Member

Is it just me or Yao is blocking a two-head freak?
    [​IMG]

3. dream2franchise

All i'm seeing is a huge guy getting caught by surprise. Nate has a huge leap and is a strong little bugger, Yao was in a one-track frame of mind and that was to dunk the ball as soon as he saw an opening.

He did get hit, but they're not gonna call that. With the right timing, anybody can be blocked by anybody, it was just good timing.

What matters is that we won, and now Novak or VSpan will get some run, finally.

4. Porsche576

Porsche576 Member

THe foul wasnt all that hard. Good block

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I kept waiting for someone to observe: isn't that the second time Nate has raked Yao's eye in ten days? Remember? In the first Knicks game this season, Robinson was going for a block and raked Yao's eye and Yao got pissed. Then T-Mac took Nate off to the side and said something? Wasn't that him? I swear Nate Robinson raked Yao in the eye ten days ago too.

Either way, I'm not so impressed with the block. If a guy can dunk, he can pretty much block anyone's shot at some point. What, you expect Yao to be shooting from above the rim or something?

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

So, being "blocked like that" before indicates a "loser" like Yao? Yeah, you are such a "winner" miles ahead of Yao :rolleyes:

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yao 26 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks
    Nate 0 points, 4 assists, 1 block

Rockets 97
    Knicks 90

Rocket sweep the season series.

I don't care about the block.

8. timmy

timmy Member

9. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It was a clean block....Yao didn't have possession by the time the follow-through of nate's arm hit him in the face.

Also, Yao didn't even get above the rim and it appeared he was going for a lay-in.

It was just a very good defensive play that made Yao look bad. I mean, really bad....but whatever, we still won the game and I'd rather have Yao then Nate so that's the end.

10. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

wow youtube is so full of yao haters.

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

here's what NBA.com had to say:
    [​IMG]
    "can you believe that 5'9 Nate Robinson blocked 7'6 Yao Ming in Rockets' road win"

lmao on the pic... Nate looks like Yao's 5 years-old son.. :D

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

ESPN is BLOWWWWWING this up!

Every show they are talking about it non-stop.

Every 5-10 min they will show it again.

:mad:

13. MandM's

MandM's Member

Hey...they guy is a great jumper / leaper whatever...but he was way ready to go after that ball and it looked like Yao was way surprised...plus fouled.

still cool for the little man...but no big deal really for Yao...that guy can get up!

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I think I just noticed something.. is this the real height differential between the two?? because freakin Nate Robinson's head is slightly higher than Yao's Waist.. :eek: ..

special effects?? Photoshop?? :confused: :eek:

15. max14

max14 Member

wow, that's crazy

16. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

All I can say....this Nate Robinson just played dirty. He escaped getting call when he jumped into Yao Ming from the weak side with all his body weight, stripped the ball off Yao Ming, and poked Yao Ming in his eyes. A flagnant foul (instead a clean block) should be called.......

He has this knack of trying to poke other player's eyes. He did that to Yao Ming in their previous game, and he also escaped getting called.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

You are blind. Period.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

How can someone who is 7'5 get blocked like that? I'm embarrassed for Yao.

He really needs to develop that upper body and dunk that ball hard on that midget. :mad:

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It's simple, Yao turned without seeing anyone there brought the ball down and then went for the dunk. He never saw Nate coming. Nate has tremendous ups as we all saw in the dunk contest. He made a damn good play. He timed it perfectly. Other than that...it should have at least been a foul after he followed through and hit him in the face.

20. kwc

kwc Member

really? did he masterbate on tv?