1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Northern Virginia Drug Trade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3fingeredgus, Aug 22, 2001.

Tags:
  1. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Would the legalization of drugs make the world better?

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I doubt it...

oops, I can't write too much, it's time for a coffee break.

4. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

I think if drugs were legal, lots of "business" related deaths would not occur, but more people would abuse and risk overdosing..

I don't really think a blanket legalization of all drugs would be too smart. I do however, firmly believe that mar1juana should be legalized. It's not any different than alcohol, except:

1) People don't get aggressive and fight
    2) You can drive w/out risking yours and other drivers' lives
    3) It doesn't kill your liver

just my 2 cents. :eek:

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

IF drugs were legal, the govt would have to shift their focus to treatment and education as opposed to "the drug war" and prevention which is what their spending their money on now... BTW they're losing that war!

rH

6. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

rH- wouldn't it suck if Uncle Sam started taxing us? While I think herb should be legalized, I also don't look forward to having to pay more money than the current black market value...

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

3fingeredgus, if herb was legal you'd pay a 100dth of what you pay now. No more $250.00 for 1/4 oz of wacky purple stuff for you!

8. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Achebe,

you think so? I don't know. I figured the Gov would want their piece. I guess I can see it getting cheaper in the long run w/ good ol' competition and all..

btw- I live in Seattle and I think I'm very priviledged. Last time the purple came through- it was only $85 a 1/4 oz!

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I can see it now, Marlboro Green. :D

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Don't think the tobacco companies don't already have the plans and production know-how already hidden in some safe.

11. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

accidental blank post...

#11 3fingeredgus, Aug 22, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2001
  12. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I read somewhere once the virtually all of the tobacco companies have trade names registered-- including domain names. Some of you NetHeads ought to see what you can uncover. They are just waiting for the day....

I've never done an illegal drug in my 47 years so I don't know much about it. I grew up in an alcoholic home and have some kind of sobriety pledge going on. I'll have a drink now and then, but I don't really keep it around.

It does seem like weed is less harmful than alcohol in a lot of ways, but I don't really want some other kind of noxious fume choking the public air.

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I am a supporter of the legalization of drugs. Personally, I've never done more than drink and smoke pot, and I wouldn't touch the "harder" ****. BUT, I have a rather large problem with there being any law saying what I can and cannot do to my own person. If I'm endangering someone else, then I deserve to be punished, so the DUI laws should stand as they are.

Stuff like weed, peyote, and 'shrooms, all of which grow naturally, should be 100% legal, IMO.