1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 11/1/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2006.

1. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Uhhh you think chemistry is developed with preseason games played with experimental lineups and starters playing limited minutes? You can practice all you want during training camp, but chemistry that allows you to win consistently day in and day out cant be developed in practice.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

first off, i disagree with practically everything you post, but i do apologize for calling you an idiot. it didn't fit the situation.

secondly, you can take your threat or whatever it is, and stick that right back up you @$$.

on to the rockets...

listen the thing that frustrates me is that all i get from reading you and zboy is that you'd have the rockets fail so van gundy can be fired long before you'd have the team succeed under him and really that just sucks.

i'm not gonna take the time to respond to your van gundy rant cause it's played out and i've heard the same crap too many times. i think the postives he's done far far exceed the negatives. one of us will be right at the end of this year and i hope for the sake of the rockets season and our championship hopes, that it's me.

3. m004378

m004378 Member

JVG sucks and T-mac=G Hill :(

4. Aussie Dooley

Aussie Dooley Member

i preferred dunleavey also, but now that JVG is coach, i support the team just as much as i wouldda if MD had been hired.

its still early days, im not gonna overreact at one loss.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Look, i like luther, but it's time to get a big Bruiser in the paint next to yao. someone like kurt thomas or a pj brown. luther+TE exception = a solid PF.i wouldnt mind someone like Ely ..

6. heathme

heathme Member

Always nice to see a thorough beat down by the Jazz. Boozer was on fire. TMac needed a million shots to get his points.

Yao is awesome but he can't do it by himself.

Good luck next game.

7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

It is just the first game and Rockets has 2 new starters and heck, a lot of new role players.

REMEMBER TIME IS CHEMISTRY​

But don't take too long

8. vspan77

vspan77 Member

Guys have a look at the LAKERS GAME!!!! Without KOBE!!!

Phil JACKSON...... I wish we could have him... with this much talent in our roaster, how good will the Rockets be coached by Phil!!!!!!

man our offence sux

9. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

We all love to whine about the impossible. Phil Jackson is a great coach, and the rockets might experience the level of success he had with Kobe and Shaq (give or take a few wins and maybe a playoff round). But there's something called a contract. Maybe when JVG's contract runs out (does anybody know when do JVG's and Phil Jackson's contracts run out?), only then, we might be able to snag Phil Jackson.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I the Jazz keep playing like they did last night, pencil them in for the Finals.

Look, the Rockets played BAD defense.

But, let's give the Jazz some credit, too. And this is how they were playing in the pre-season. And Okur and AK had bad games. Didn't stop CJ Miles from throwing up bricks that literally bounced straight up off the back of the rim and went in.

The Rockets can definitely improve. Shane, Rafer, T-Mac, JVG all performed poorly and inefficiently.

But geez, the Jazz either got lucky or are going to be good this year.

11. Fuse

Fuse Member

It also doesn't help that it seemed like Utah couldn't miss at all. If half of those jumpers didn't go in, we would actually had a chance to win. T-mac also needs to chill out and just either drive to the hoop or let Yao do the work. Althoug I have to admit, Yao looked awfully disappointing. Despite his stats, he just didn't have that impact on the game that I would of liked.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I predicted an ugly win by the Rox. It turned out to be just plain ugly. TMac- horrible shooting. Team- horrible D. Ugh.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

stop wirting in red!

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i know it's been said, but i just want to say again...

So much for us blowing them out by 20....hahahahhahaha!

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Count in me in with the bad defense crowd. It was almost like our team figured we could shoot now because of our pre-season performance, and didn't worry about defense that much. The only problem with that was that our shooting from pre-season didn't really take effect in this game at all.

Turnovers were a problem too, and horrible free throw shooting by our team.

Let's hope that we can turn it around and play consistent defense. No matter what else goes wrong, our defense should at least be up to snuff.

The Jazz role players were also all terrific last night.

16. Porsche576

Porsche576 Member

If Boozer tore us up, imagine what all the other PF are gonna do to us!! We could of used swift alst nite.

17. Howyalikemenow

Wow - the message board looks like we're halfway through a wrecked season. It was one game... sheesh.

18. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

A couple of points from the game last night:

1. Rebounding- We got destroyed on the glass. This is one of the weaknessess of this team when we go small. Yao is not a good rebounder and Shane (as PF) will get beat every time. I think the decision to play Chuck Hayes over Synder in the SL would significantly improve our rebounding and our interior defense. It will decrease our perimeter defense but to what degree?

2. Tmac- I think Tmac should shoot as much as he wants. I know his shot selection may not be ideal, but the threat of his shot creates for the team as a whole. I don't think Yao deferred to him last night, I just think Yao was winded toward the end of the game. I do agree with most that Yao should shoot more often but I don't think this is related to the game plan.

3. Free throws- We have to improve in order to stay competitive. 60% is not good when the other team shoots over 80% and there are >30 ft's per game.

As far as next game, I think we will once again have trouble. The mavs are largely the same and we are still developing chemistry. Unfortunately, I think it will take about 25 games before we truly see if this team is compatible. Like others, I love this team on paper, will it translate to on the floor performance? We will have to be patient and see in the future.

19. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

We spent the whole summer telling ourselves that Battier could play the 4, but he is just too samll and not strong enough and is not a rebounder, and JVG also says most of Bonzi's mins will be at the 4. He is 6'5, he is a SG not a PF. We got tore up by Boozer, what the hell is Duncan or Garnett gonna do??? We need a PF.....

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

no, Tmac should NOT shoot as much as he wants...especially when he's bricking. 8 for 24 is not a threat of any kind. he settled way to much for the jumpshot last night. hopefully he can be more aggressive by going to the basket.