1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Fantasy B-ball Keeper League - Who Should Be My 4 Keepers???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 3814, Sep 28, 2006.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I am really excited about Bonzi, but I don't think he makes the cut. It's a really deep league (20 teams) and it's in season 5 (keeper league). My team used to be a top 5 finish...but last year I sucked cuz of injury and FT%.

I'm kind of looking to rebuild, but I don't want to lose big-time players for the sole purpose of restructuring, I'd rather do that through trading.

Who do you think should be my four keepers? My options are:

Baron Davis
    Ron Artest
    Shaq
    Emeka Okafor
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Stromile Swift
    Bonzi Wells
    Gerald Green

Okay, first - I know Gerald Green doesn't deserve a spot over anybody on that list - and I only picked him up late in the season because of his potential, not because he's good now. But he sure did put in some nice performances late there. If he somehow got minutes - he'll turn into a decent player. With that said, he'll probably be my 11th or 12th round pick.

I just put him there for fun.

I'm leaning towards Baron, Artest, Shaq, Emeka. Center is the toughest position to fill because of the depth of the league - and that would give me two solid one's. Artest is probably my most valuable player because of the extra's he fills (steals, low TO's, etc). Baron is my favorite player on the team, even though he kind of screws me over sometimes. But Bonzi was awesome in the playoffs last year and (crossing my fingers that it WON'T HAPPEN) if T-Mac gets...well, sore...then his value would jump dramatically (again, I really really hope T-Mac is healthy, but you understand my concern).

All I can say is that I'm quite happy that I traded Pau late in the season for Artest/Okafor...saved me having that injury on my hands.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

You should put wells in there over Baron. Wells is going to go off either this year or next year (his next contract year). Davis is aging.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

You got it right. Okafor, Shaq, Artest and Baron.