1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yee hoo, I've been offended!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Achebe, Aug 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I now understand the notion of being 'offended'.

If you guys remember (harp music), I posed a question a long time ago asking about this whole oddity of 'being offended'. At the time, I believe I was merely stuck in the wrong concept.

I was questioning the notion of being offended b/c other people disagree or posit a different belief than you... i.e. I believe x, you believe y, oh you offend me.

But I've seen the light. jbond77 called me a 'p***y' for some dietary habits of mine. That's different from I eat x, jbond77 eats y, oh I'm offended. He directly challenged my manhood, personal value, etc. b/c of my dietary habits.

That's offensive.

Or is it? Maybe I'm being a 'p***y' b/c I cared about the opinions of some idiot on the internet, hmmm... I guess I was still 'offended', now I just have to take this 'heap' of emotional energy and just shrug it off.

If I shrug it off (did you guys really read this much babble? I'm on 32 oz. of coffee right now and my left eye is twitching) unfortunately I'm not getting rid of the notion of being 'offended', I'm just telling myself to not be 'offended', just write it off for the source.

Blah Blah Blah.

Anyway, I understand the notion of 'being offended' now. Thank you. :D

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Achebe,

Quit being such a little sally and grow a backbone!

Idiots are idiots...that will not change. Why let it have any bearing on your life?

Especially when that person is not even "real." Sheesh...

PS: This post is all in good fun, so please do not get offended by any of my comments, loser!

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

only p*****s like Pollyanna.

4. Achebe

I think everything's back to normal now girls. I must have been on a coffee high... b/c when I initially read those lines I had to respond, respond immaturely.. but I still felt like ripping the guy apart.

I am amazed by Jeff's peacefulness sometimes. We agree on the occassional issue, but I think that we have rather different energies. Jeff would act Ghandiesque in a moment of conflict, I would just want to obliterate my opponent.

Must be the differences in our diets. ;)

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Achebe just remind him of that old saying we all learned as children!

"You are what you eat!"

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Achebe,

I for one am glad you exist in Utah. :)

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I just let it all build up until my head blows up. :D

8. Achebe

LOL! (I think... hmmm.. :mad: j/k)

between living in UT and reprogramming myself on Pollyanna from time to time I've managed to not kill anyone.

I think my rage resurfaced though this past week when someone ran a stop sign (while talking on a cell phone no less) going ~40mph within 75-100' of me. I had to slam on brakes(the only good thing about Audis probably).

My wife was also in the car. The guy also came from her direction.

(taking a deep breath :)).

I knew then that if anyone ever jeopardized her well being... a bruise, or forbid... anything more serious... bad things would happen. Let alone if the guy was some schmuck w/ a cell phone at his ear(I'd perhaps insult my wife's wishes... but I'm not running for person of the planet).

unfortunately I don't have time to reprogram on Pollyanna for some time and I'm leaving for Victoria in the morning... here's to those nice Canucks!

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

or write a song.

Achebe have a great time!

10. Achebe

LOL! :D

thanks mc mark!

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Stop eating socks you weirdo!!!!

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow. ;)