1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another huge loss for the defending Super Bowl Champs!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream34, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Well it is time to see how good a coach Mr. Billick is. It appears that Jamal Lewis is out for the season with an ACL. Also with their free agent offensive lineman signee, Leon Searcy out for at least 9-12 weeks. The pressure will be placed smack dab on Mr. Elvis Gurbcks shoulders. I think the Ravens are in big trouble. Although they still have there stellar defense what people forget is how much they relied on ball control running game to control the clock and keep their defense off the field. Now teams can double Shannon Sharpe and tee off on Elvis.

This injuries piss me off because I wanted the Ravens at full strength when the Titans kicked their punk butts. Oh well injuries are part of the game and I still can't wait till the Titans line up and play Baltimore.

That is one date I had circled on my calendar since last years early playoff exit for the Titans.

Bring on the NFL season!!!

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hmmm...Baltimore loses their running back for the season with a torn ACL...

Denver has three stud running backs in their backfield...

Me thinks that a trade might be brewing...

3. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

No offense to Jamal Lewis because he is a very good RB, but I think last year Ki Jana Carter could have ran for over 1000+ yards.

That O line is very big and very quick. And almost every play gave Lewis enough room so he run downfield behind his shoulder pads to average his 4 or some odd yards per run.

that's just what i think about that whole situation.

I think the green bay packers are a more likely possibility with ahman green, dorsey levens, demon parker plus others.

I think the Broncos are going to hold on to their backs for a little while.

:)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

5. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Huge loss for Baltimore. Elvis is going to earn his money now.
    As for the Broncos trading a back, TDavis is coming off leg injuries, Orlandis Gary is coming off of major knee surgery(ACL and possibly MCL also?) and then Mike Anderson. There may be a possibility of a trade but not to an AFC team.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Goody , lets see if they can win with the Leagues best defense and Worst Running and Passing offense