1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cable connection?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketfish, Aug 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

hey guys! im just wondering how many of you actually have cable internet connections? and what are the advantages of it?

thanks

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is very fast :D

You can watch all the Rockets clips that get posted from summer league without waiting for downloads, you can watch all the highlight packages of the draft picks, you can watch the nba.com/ espn.com daily NBA highlights - need I go on? :D

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I LOVE MY CABLE CONNECTION!!!!
    So they say the more people using the same cable line on your street, the slower your connection, but on my block, I must be the only one because I am usually blazing at around 2500Kbps or faster. Its got me so spoiled I hate my connection here at work at a wimpy 128Kbps! WIC-WIC-WACK! The slowest I think I've ever seen my connection is around 1500Kbps and thats a freakin' T-1!
    Anything slower is uncivilized!:D

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I can tell you this much:

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK TO DIAL-UP AGAIN.

$40 is a bargain (for time warner here in Austin)

Downloads are incredibly quick..........

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I have it.

$37 a month.

Pretty expensive, but worth it.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't have cable internet anymore :(

Surfing the net is a real pain now. You don't realize how slow dialup is until you have tried cable internet.

Two more weeks of hell till I get cable internet again.

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I've had it for about a year... and love it. So much faster. When I go out of town to my in-laws I have to dial-up ClutchCity. So hard to wait!!!

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I've got it here in Plano, and I love it. I certainly couldn't go back to dial-up now. It's mounds faster, and I don't tie up the phone line. Highly recommended!

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

I have it and love it. I live in an apartment, and sometimes my connection gets slower. I do speed checks prett regularly an when I say slow, i mean 1.3 kBps 0 which is still awesome. Certainly fast enough to get seamless streaming video and downlowad music videos in sseconds or minutes.