1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

any news on Bowen and/or Lampe:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Niner, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Niner

Niner Member

Just wondering if u guys have heard if Bowen and Lampe had there contracts picked up.

I know CD said we have 9 Players under contract without Battier and Novak.

1. TMAC
    2. YAO
    3. Head
    4. Howard
    5. Alston
    6. Sura
    7. Hayes
    8. Deke
    9. Unknown(could be either Swift, Lampe or Bowen

2. rocketsinsider

bowen has a player option for this season and lampe has 1 more year left on his contract

3. Ryan Bowen MVP

Why is Bowen never interviewed and nobody ever runs into him anywhere in Houston? It would be comforting to know that he's working out/practicing/steroids all this summer after his worst season yet.

4. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i hope not! 1 season of seeing bowen shoot jumpers is more than enough for me to handle...

5. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

we must offer the Germanator the max ! If Carmelo can demand it why not Ryan ?!!!

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

because all he does is run around the court with his hands up.

7. IA Rocket

IA Rocket Contributing Member

I saw a blip in the Des Moines Register a few weeks ago that Ryan Bowen was recovering from surgery. The paper did not go into details on the surgury. I never found any other reference on the internet, so I never posted the information on this site in case it was wrong.

I'm sure that the information was posted in the Des Moines Register because he Played for the University Of Iowa and he has a lot of family in Iowa. It wouldn't surprise me if he lives in Iowa during the off season.

8. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

This sucks, I hope he doesn't miss any games.

9. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

If he misses more than 10 games, we are screwed again. I hope his (whatever body part that required surgery) holds up for 1 more year. We are trying to WIN NOW!!

10. ant_the_truth

ant_the_truth Member

oh man, if r bowen is out more than 10 games ... this team is in a lot of hurt...lottery bound written all over it ....i hope he recovers well from surgery and he is ready for next year... we gonna need his sweet stroking swish jumpers and sharp crisp passing of his...

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

But he's so graceful when he does that. ;)

RyBo should be in his local church league. Why would we have given him a 2 year deal, that is ridiculous, he can't even hit an open 12 footer. :rolleyes:

12. TizzyT

TizzyT Member

Remember that great defensive play against Antawn Jamison near the end of the season that caused him to miss the game winner? Now thats graceful :D

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Any news? Bowen is the most ridiculous player in the NBA and Lampe will never see a minute of PT under JVG.

14. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Man i hope he misses every game! This is one time when im ready for rockets injury!

15. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Ryan Bowen is the type of guy you just wonder if he is not the owner's son because how did he get their i mean no lie any of us on this board if we were his height we could all play in the Nba! I mean when you think of all these talented guys playing in the DL or overseas i just makes you wonder how in the world he got their i mean really what does he do except stop Dirk on like 2 plays! I need to get an agent like his and they will be paying me millions to make sure i have a fresh haircut at the end of the bench!

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thats the most fun post I have ever read!!!!!

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

JVG wanted him so Cd got him!!!!!!!!!!!

18. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

He is Van Gundy's best practice player, and Bowen washes Jeff's car on Saturdays. ha

19. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Really is there ne way we can ship them to austin for the season and let them play out the year there?

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

steroids!!!!