1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[hot n sexy girls INSIDE LIVE!] OOTP Simulation Baseball

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Kam, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

No hot n sexy girls here. Sorry.

We are in the middle of a season, but do you want to join our simulation baseball league? We currently have 16 owners/gms. We could use more, especially in the American League.

It's kinda fun.

Basically, this is how it works. You set your roster, let the Commish do his thing. You see a bunch of stats and numbers, and your team's record. Adjust things like roster, and rotation and crap like that. There are also trades to be pulled off, and resigning of players.

There are some legends of the bbs that play. You know, me.
    #houstonrockets is always ummmm, how do you say, interesting.

2. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

middle of the season and need managers? so are these new managers going to be a little behind now...

im interested but where do i go or is there any more information you can give

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

well... we go through entire seasons in like 2 weeks so you're not really going to be that behind.

We are currently in the 2038 season.

this is our main page http://clutchleagues.com/OOTP4/index.htm

and this is the league site http://clutchleagues.com/OOTP4/league.htm

4. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

thanks for the links...but i think im a bit confused by it.

i think im going to pass unless unless it comes very clear to me at some point.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Basically you take a team and run them as a GM/manager. You set lineups, pitching rotations and control player movement through the minor and major leagues. You make trades with other human players and control your team for an amatuer draft. You also control contract negotiations with your free agents and there is a free agency period where you can make offers to other teams free agents. All the games are simulated so you don't have to actually "play" them. Since it is the 2038 year, the players will be randomly created people and the game generates their stats, abilities, and potential.

6. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

I'm interested in playing.....Let me know how to sign up.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

anyone can play... for more information enter our chatroom... if you go to the page at http://clutchfans.net/chat.cfm change your room name to #houstonrockets ootp

8. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

Ya i am very interested in doing this. wanna help me sign up?

9. Heath

Heath Member

As mentioned earlier in the thread, you just enter the chatroom (webchat server) #houstonrockets ootp (you need the ootp key to enter most of the times - we use it to keep bots out of the room - it is not to stay private).

You do not have to be in chat to play - but the guys (and gals) in there can explain how things work.

They will tell which teams are available - and to take a team, all you have to do is post on the forum - we have our own forum that should be linked from the site given above in this thread.

At the moment we are in the playoffs of the 2038 season and they will be finished early next week by my estimate - they would have probably finished this weekend, but I am going away this week and will not be able to move up before monday after I leave (and I am the dreaded commish). :)

The direct link to the forum in case it is needed:

http://p088.ezboard.com/bclutchleagues