1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Red's Sandbox Fantasy League--Part 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Jan 11, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I thought 50 replies was enough to warrant a new thread. I just took DARO's advice and started a........ *Part 2*.

So, please don't post any longer in the original thread. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited January 11, 2001).]

2. countingcrow

Guys,

I just waived Steve Smith if any of you are interested in staking a claim on him.
    I have needed a backup Center all season long and I had my pick today between Olowokandi or Jahidi White and I chose the latter. White has been hurting lately with injuries and such. When he comes back I expect him to pick up where he left off with surprisingly good numbers. That is if Calvin Booth hasn't already stolen his position. Booth has played exceptionally well in limited minutes.

Steve Smith was expendable with the emergence of Bonzi Wells and with Wells starting now, Smith's PT has decreased and that reflects his decrease in fantasy points lately. Smith is obviously on the downside of his career in Portland.

DARO, I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to pickup Delk off waivers, so I was just going to wait to see if anyone else got him. He was a good pickup and his FP should continue to rise.

Is anybody going to pick up Chris Mihm?

Good Luck tonight Guys!

P.S.-- My Team FP/G~~43.4 and rising! [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited January 11, 2001).]

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yep,centers are hard to come by I've been in need of a decent back up to Vlade but I've finally decided it wasn't worth the roster spot.I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope he stays healthy and if he doesnt then I don't have much of a chance anyway unless I can pull off a trade.

Last year in sandbox I had an awesome team,good enough to keep me in the lead all year long but the best center I could get my hands on was big cuntry,anyway I had the lead up until the last three days and the guy that had Shaq passed me up and I ended up losing by 6 [​IMG] points

------------------

4. countingcrow

Damn DARO, that must have been tough and mind-altering.

I am just hoping that White can get healthy and perform like he was earlier this season.

Steve Smith wasn't that big of a loss anyway [​IMG]

Hughes being out is going to hurt the Phantom Lords's production. Too Bad [​IMG]

------------------

5. Heath

Heath Member

After a hectic period in our leagues the trading has calmed down - If anyone still is interessted in a trade just keep buzzing. I might still be willing to part with Jamison, Marion or any other of the hoopsters. I also feel I have a deep team (I'm currently using all 12 to fill out my flex positions) so I'm also looking into the chance to part with more players than I'm taking on to better my starters or flex, while the other part will get back flexplayers and a needed starter perhaps.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

6. DAROckets

Haha yea took me at least 10 miniutes to get over it.

Anyway:

I'm pretty happy with the team I have now.I'm not saying that I'm finished trading but I would like to see how these guys do.I had a 468 point night and I think they can do better.We have until only feb. 15(may be wrong) I would really like to add a backup center before this time....if there is such a thing.

------------------

7. DAROckets

Well I picked Olawakandi as a backup.I guess thats about as good as I can expect. [​IMG]

------------------

8. countingcrow

You should have just kept Bryant Reeves. You had him not too long ago but you waived him shortly after picking him up. He has been hovering around 40 FP every game since I picked him up!

Jackson first, then Reeves!

I have had pretty good success with the waiver wire.

[​IMG]

------------------

9. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Looking to upgrade at power forward and small forward. Would be willing to deal mutombo or nash in order to improve the lineup. It's been a long climb, but I'm inching towards Heath and Jay in the standings. small victories, that's the key.

------------------

10. DAROckets

Wahoooo.My team is really kicking some ass lately.I'm loving all the trades now.

Barring a major injury,look for me to make a serious run for the title.

KEEP SHOOTIN' KOBE hahaha

------------------

11. countingcrow

DARO, just when I was getting close you gain 3 tenths of a point on me. I am only 4 tentsh of a point behind you in overall FP rating, but the only way I will be able to stay competitive with you and Byron is if I have no injuries.

I believe when it is all said and done it will be a close race between the top 4 teams in the current standings because we are all so close together.

Just my opinion!
    [​IMG]

------------------