1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoopsnjams Trade Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Jan 5, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Since so many CC.net people have invaded the league (I think the list stands at me, CriscoKidd, PhiSlammaJamma, Steve, Deanbcurtis, and I believe DVauthrin is Phoenix- correct me if I'm wrong about that. Obviously the trading is done via email, AIM, and making offers on the team pages, but thought some of you newbies might like some advice from the defending champ (myself) and everybody else. Can give us a good leg up on the competition if we ask around here about whether or not to do offered trades, who to sign, etc. And of course we can talk trade between ourselves if you want. Just use this for anything about Hoopsnjams. Anybody want to start things off with an offer, question, suggestion?

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. Summer Song Giver

Welcome back Cat,hadn't seen you in a while.

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

im not sure if im in..i emailed that guy cat..but he never sent one back..id like to be phoenix..and whats the site link again i got a new computer and need to re add it to my favs.ill talk trades after i get this straightened out real quick.

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

kay Cat, I've got some questions.

1. How do you know how your teams are doing in this weeks games other than by waiting till Saturday?

2. Is there anyway I can get my scoring table to not be crunched up together? Sometimes all the numbers get smashed against each other with no divisions and it's hard to read.

3. I offered a trade to one person, Atlanta. Damon or Stock + Oak + Wallace for Bibby + LJ + Tim Thomas. What do you think? Good, Bad, unbalanced?

4. What happens if you make the playoffs, I forgot.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Dvauthrin,

I'll check. If you aren't in I'll try and get you in as Minnesota.

Crisco,

1. You can look at the scoring page on the site, but that is fairly complicated if you want to do their scores. Essentially, look at your players fantasy scores right now (like 36.09 for example) for whatever week its on and go back and look at their actual stats. That way you can get a feel for how actual production leads to fantasy numbers.

2. That happens to me sometimes too. Not sure why. If it does, go to the standings page, and click on your team name there, (which is your team page available to the public). Usually those are in good shape.

3. It's in your favor, but hey, go for it. Bibby is better than Damon, but not by a ton, and Stock is probably a little better than Bibby. I'm a little wary of Damon though, so make a play for Stock if you can. Other than that, Wallace is better than Johnson, and Oak is a tad better than Thomas. It probably won't go through- it is in your favor IMO, but I know Atlanta does like Vancouver so give it a shot. Also, Philly is a big Vancouver fan too, so see what you can get from him for Bibby.

4. If you make the playoffs, you are entered in an NBA like format, where the 8 seed plays the 1, 2 plays the 7, etc. The playoffs go for the last 4 weeks of the regular season, and each week's scores do one round of the playoffs.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

whoops nevermind.

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited January 06, 2001).]

7. Brett

Brett Member

Hey I'm in Hoopsnjams also, I'm the Lakers.

------------------