1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Payton is now a Kidd

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 12, 2001.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I've decided to trade him to the Kidds(as if they aren't strong enough).

Gary Payton
    Cliff Robinson

for

Baron Davis
    Predrag Stojakivic

Any thoughts??

------------------
    Go vote for Steve Francis for the All-Star game!! You only have until Sunday!!

Vote for Francis!

2. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Aren't you just canceling out the trade you got from me?

Rob

------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

3. The Voice of Reason

YOU b*stard

i made a move so we could trade.

man

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

4. RocketsPimp

What are you talking about, VOR??

I was never informed you were making a move so we could deal! Even with the move you made we weren't that close to making a deal.

Sorry.

------------------

Vote for Francis!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I kind of like this trade for the league. For whatever reason Payton isn't playing too well, and his point production has been REALLY off from what it was earlier in the year.

Clif Robinson's numbers may go down with the emergence of Anfernee Hardaway. Hardaway looks like he's gunning already. He's playing restricted minutes, but I think he'll take away some of the scoring that Robinson has been used to. The addition of Penny may actually help someone like Marion, though. Imagine a fast break with Penny, Kidd, and Marion... talk about a thing of beauty.

Baron Davis is a good 40+ ppg scorer that I liked and still do. That team spreads their scoring around quite a bit, but Davis is like another Francis for that team (fantasy-wise anyway).

Stojakovic. Sweet. If he doesn't let the injury bug bite him, you got a great deal in acquiring him. He's a scorer and a good rebounder.

I like the trade for you Pimp. Now let's hope Payton doesn't start going goofy and Cliff doesn't actually get aided by Penny's arrival! [​IMG]

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-byte"

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Robinson and Davis are slumping. Payton will come around, and Stoy is consistent (when healthy) Kidd gets the best in this one. Adding Payton to his already potent lineup...

sheesh

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

7. RocketsPimp

Differing opinions.....I love it!!!

------------------

Vote for Francis!

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Payton with 17 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds with 7:12 still left in the third quarter.

Yeah, I'd say he's starting to come around.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, he didn't do much the rest of the way, but ended up with a very good 21 pts, 10 assists, 5 rebs.

There goes the league to Crisco... lol. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-bite")

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

For the record, GP has struggled ever since he got a groin injury about a week or two ago. I've heard it's started healing though and is almost 100% again, so he should be the GP of old shortly.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com