1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, I ended my trade moratorium.....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by CriscoKidd, Jan 4, 2001.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think it was a bad trade too.

I don't see how it improves your team Rob. Mercer isn't that good, and Eisley's and Roger's numbers are much more likely to go down than up. 50 FP/Game scorers are rare. Now Pimp has 3 [​IMG]

I view this as worse than the Penny trade.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Mercer isn't that good??

[​IMG]

HAHA! He has been putting up consistent 35-45fpg's for weeks now. He'll have more games above 40 than below 40 from now until the end of the season. Rogers has had his ups and downs, but is usually good for 30fpg and will occasionally breakout for a 40-60fpg. Eisley is just beginning to come into his own with Dallas. He hovered around 20fpg for much of the season but just recently started to increase his average to 26fpg. Although I don't expect him to get much higher than possible 30fpg at the most, Eisley is a much better option than any of his other backup PG's with the rash of injuries Rob has had at that position.

The only way I come out on top(big time) from this trade is if Snow comes back healthy and picks up where he left off, which won't be for sometime still. This one isn't anywhere close to the Penny trade because I am losing 3 guys for one starter and have to wait out Snow's injury. IMO the risk I'm taking with Snow makes this an even trade.

Now I know how you feel DoD!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited January 04, 2001).]

3. Summer Song Giver

You traded away Walker and got scrubs in return,save maybe Mercer.The real question is why,Mercer is not much better than Dickerson and the chances that either will go for forty on a given night are pretty even.Red raiders would have been much better served in trading Snow for a backup point guard because that is really all you gained in this deal;Hell I would have seriously considered giving you Kenny Anderson for Snow alone.Then you'd still have Walker.

I've still got Rice and Kenny Anderson if anyone is willing to give me a fifty point scorer,I'll even throw in a thirty point scorer but only if you give me an injured thirty point scorer too [​IMG]

Something smells like fish to me

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited January 04, 2001).]

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I think I just saw Pig Miller fly.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Well, I looked at the numbers, and they seemed good to me. If Pimp wins the league then I guess y'all can give me the worst GM award. BTW, where's Finn*? He's been MIA for over a week now.

If I can reach .500 by the end of the year, then I will call this year a success.

Rob

------------------

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

No, Mercer isn't that good. Not enough to get Walker. So he has been on a tear for a few weeks, and? He could start screwing around like he did at the beginning of the season.

Eisley? Blah.

Rogers? Blah.

Snow shouldn't take that much longer to come back. And he should put up similar numbers.

I mean, cmon, you got Walker, the number one option on his team, a first tier Sandbox player, for Mercer, the number two option on his team and a 3rd tier sandbox player at best, and a couple of BENCH players.

oh, but you got a injured starting pg to balance out the trade.

[​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Another SHocker, what can i say, this is a joke right???

So I am I the Only remaining Trade VIRGIN???

------------------
    "What is it with this girl, has she got beer flavoured nipples??"
    - Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No offense man, but your trade was whack. If they thought my trade was lopsided, yours was freakin' outrageous. LOL! [​IMG]

Nothin' but love for ya... nothin' but a game... that's a DAMN nice team you've got goin' there. Good luck! (or maybe I should be wishing myself good luck) [​IMG]

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No offense Rob, but if I had known Antoine was available, I would've given you more than that easily. The last thing I remembered was you saying he wasn't available, so I didn't even bother. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

10. SmeggySmeg

Same

------------------

11. RocketsPimp

Well, I'm glad that you guys think I got the better of this deal. I still feel that even though I got Walker, the much needed PF for my team, I'm taking a risk on Snow. He's out at least 6 more weeks and then he's going to have to get back on the court and in game shape.

Anyway, Bob is still lingering around. He must have posted himself to the point of exhaustion. I get to play him this week and he last checked his team at 8 this morning.

------------------

12. RocketsPimp

Looks like Smeg has taken over Bob's posting duties!

[​IMG]

------------------

13. SmeggySmeg

Ahh now i get it Pimp and DoD paid Clutch to ban Bob for CC BBS and thus in his absence the trade farce commenced

------------------

14. RocketsPimp

Who told you?!!

[​IMG]

------------------

15. The Voice of Reason

The most confusint thing about this trade is the timing to me. Already Walker was the "MAN" in boston. but now they have lost their starting center(not like it matters much) but as the PF walker will surely get more freebee rebounds without the bu=ig guy in the middle.

and beside why dosnt someone trade me a super stud to make my team invincible too. How about Abdur-rahim. I would love a stud SF. come on brim em at me

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

16. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Well, after rejecting everyone's multiple trade requests I finally decided to accept one. The winner is the "H-Town Platinum Pimps".

I agree that trading Walker is a big risk, but with the 3 guys I am getting I think I can make his points up and more. Plus he picked up Eric Snow.

Feel free to fire away at my decision [​IMG]

Rob

------------------
    If Gallery Furniture really saved you money, would it make a sound?

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Antoine Walker is a stud. One of the top ten players in the league.

Ron Mercer is pretty good.
    Howard Eisley is inconsistent, bordering on bad. A waiver pick-up.
    Rodney Rogers is overrated, on a very deep team.

IMO, Pimp wins this trade hands down. Not quite so bad as the recent Penny/Finley fiasco, but close. But, that's just my opinion.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

18. RocketsPimp

VOR, I just found out about Boston's center going down, so that is icing on the cake. The funny thing is that Behad may finally be right about Potapenko since he is going to be the starter now.

As for Rahim, good luck. I've tried quite a few different scenarios to get him from Mari-Beth and she isn't biting, even on deals that hurt my team.

------------------

19. RocketsPimp

Whoops...

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited January 05, 2001).]