1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great... is Antonio Davis hurt?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Dr of Dunk, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Freakin' great... Jim Jackson doesn't play because of trades and now Antonio Davis doesn't seem to be playing... there goes 2 or 3 games to waste... [​IMG]

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

2. The Voice of Reason

DoD,

its ok, your streak has to end sometime. otherwise I will never win this league. [​IMG]

also if you keep winning then we will have all been right about that finley trade.

ohh do I want finley [​IMG]

can I have him?? please

I know I was involved in stackhouse gate, but I swear "IM NOT A CROOK"

god Im an idiot. i need sleep

later all

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Oh, quit whining!! [​IMG]

You're up by 60 with and even 5 games(assuming JJ plays tonight against Milwaukee) against Behad. Your 3 game lead is still secure barring a major breakdown by your team.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

DoD got that 60 point lead on the strength (weakness?) of 3 extra games. Now if JJ does not play or does not play much, and Ervin Johnson does his standard 14 points, AND all five of my guys do great, then I can win.

Wouldn't that suck, DoD? Losing a match when you have a 14 to 11 game advantage! [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Behad, Behad, Behad... I see you never got the "gold star on the forehead" in school, because you obviously can't count. Want me to help you count the games? If Jim Jackson doesn't play for me tonight, we both had 11 games in our matchup. That means if he does play, uuuuuh I had 12 games to your 11. Where you're getting this "14" from I have no idea.

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 03, 2001).]

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It sure would!! Now who are you talking about (because it sure isn't our game)?

LOL!

Now quit your whining... it's painful to watch.

------------------

7. Behad

Oh don't get technical on me! When play started on Sunday, you had 14 game slots in your box score to my 11. Just because someone doesn't play doesn't mean I can't count him. I checked late last week and we both had 11. Then by Sunday, you had loaded up on games to 14. [​IMG]

(Man, I hope my memory is correct, because Sandbox is down tonight!)

Basically, you thought you had 2 JJ games when the week started. Don't try to say we are even!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Keep reaching for straws Behad... keep reaching for straws... this matchup is even if JJ doesn't play. Don't tell me about I have a 3 game lead if Antonio Davis and Jim Jackson had played. The fact is, they didn't (well Jackson may tonight, I dunno). It's even. You may still win because Iverson appears to be having an off night... [​IMG]

Either way... you suck big willy!!!!

That's right... I said it... [​IMG]

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

gotta love a Joe Smith 40 point first half

now pistons just trade J Williams to someoneyou will play him, cause he could be a rebounding machine

------------------
    "What is it with this girl, has she got beer flavoured nipples??"
    - Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you

10. Behad

Answer me this....when you stuffed your lineup to face me, how many games did you have? [​IMG]

But you did make one mistake....I am Big Willie!!

...and I'm gonna piss all over you and your Jim Jackson!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Doesn't matter. Of course I'm going to stuff my lineup whenever possible. It's called changing your roster. If I have a chance of winning by adding more players to a game, I'll do it. But of course you don't do that, right... you make sure you have exactly the same number of games as your opponent so you can be fair...

Would you like some cheeeeese with your whiiiiiine? [​IMG]

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

12. Behad

Actually I only stuff my lineup when I'm up against another league heavyweight.....which is why I didn't make any changes for you!! [​IMG]

Gotta watch those game limits....

------------------
    Behad

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I see you've figured out how to count now... so we'll just move on... how's the view from down there btw... [​IMG]

There are only a couple of teams that need to be worried about game limits. I wonder if they know who they are... hehe.

------------------

14. Behad

DoD,

All joking aside, the real enemies here are Sandbox.com for being down tonight, so that we can witness my stunning, come-from-behind victory, and the FREAKING IT SERVICES AT WORK, WHOSE INFINITE WISDOM DECIDED THAT SANDBOX SHOULD BE ON THE "ACCESS DENIED" LIST!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I got to go now. DoD, post the results for me tomorrow will ya?

------------------
    Behad

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sure thing. You're losing by 126 right now.

j/k... snicker

------------------

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hrmmm... it's looking up for you Behad. Iverson did come on for something like 40+ fantasy points, but Jason Kidd is having a horrific game fantasy-wise with about 9 mins left in the 4th. He hasn't even hit 30 points yet (close, but not quite)... [​IMG]

------------------

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

So who's playing today for you two, I'll do a quick calculation.

DoD
    Johnson 36 (wow)
    Jackson 13
    Iverson 43
    Kidd 27 with 9 min to go
    Wallace 13 with 5 to go in first half

Plus 60 already in front

Total 192

Behad
    A Miller 27 (6 turnovers hurts)
    Potapenko 30
    Marion 37 with 9 min to go