1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Red Fantasy League Numbers

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Jan 1, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Here is each team's FP average with their current starting 8 players. These are not necessarily your players with the highest individual FPs, but who you usually play in your starting positions and flex positions. Injured players with high FPs are not included because they are not currently playing. These are in order from the best to the worst:

1. Muresan is the Greatest--47.7
    2. Space City Rippers--44.9
    3. Mobley's Rockets--42.7
    4. PandaByte Rockets--42.4
    5. Phantom Lords--42.1
    6. Houston Stevies--41.2
    7. Heath Hoops--39.9
    8. Houston Fauj--39.3
    9. Luckenbach Hilltoppers--39.2
    10. Bee Ballers--39.0

In my opinion, these numbers greatly overshadow the current team FPs that are averaged over the whole season. The Stevies are an official dead team since they haven't accessed their roster from the beginning, and the Bee Ballers and Houston Fauj have apparently given up also. Neither has accessed their roster since early December. The Fauj's status may be up in the air, but I can't imagine him going out of town or something and leaving Christian Laettner at his starting PF spot and leaving Rasheed Wallace on the bench. LOL!

Anyway guys, I thought these would be interesting numbers that you could base your teams on. Good Luck!

------------------

2. Heath

Heath Member

Cool stats and it show that if Stevies GM had been around they could have been in the race - as it is now with no games played at either C or PF they are deep down in the mud.

It's a pitty to see how far behind in quality the teams are behind Muresan, but on the other hand his actual FPG are not that much higher than all you in the top 4-5.

On the other hand it could be interesting to see the trend (or perhaps only current form) of the players on each team as I know some of my players are upping their numbers each game. I calculated the current form of my players (the last games shown at sandbox) and found that my top 8 players have a FPG at 41.9 or actually 42.2 as I lately have been using Taylor for Weatherspoon at flex.

Here are my team and numbers overall and present:
    Player....... Ses Avg . Cur Frm
    -------------------------------
    Olajuwon ...... 29.9 .. 33.3
    Webber ........ 61.5 .. 60.0
    Howard ........ 35.3 .. 36.4
    Allen ............ 44.4 .. 47.8
    Cassell ......... 37.8 .. 33.5
    --------------------------------
    Starters ...... 208.9 . 211.0
    =========================
    Stoudamire .... 36.6 .. 43.5
    Wallace ......... 37.6 .. 46.3
    Weatherspoon . 36.0 .. 34.0
    Flex .......... 110.2 . 123.8
    Mobley ........ 33.2 .. 25.0
    Taylor ......... 24.9 .. 37.0
    Martin ......... 33.1 .. 23.8
    White .......... 28.0 .. 24.7
    Bench ......... 119.2 . 110.5

With Mobley looking to find his shooting touch again after his injury he could get back to his flex producing numbers from earlier, giving me more options. Martin has also been up at flex, but is in a slump and in fact was the reason I snapped Taylor of the waiwer list, and he has been producing fine number so I hope he can keep it up.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

[This message has been edited by Heath2000 (edited January 01, 2001).]

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Not that it has anything to do with me, but it just pisses me off when GMs quit on their teams. Why sign up if you are not going to stick it out the whole season???

Plus, there are some players on those 3 dead teams I sure would like to trade for! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited January 01, 2001).]