1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashard Lewis is our Answer!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

The Key to our championship duo is a perfect compliment to Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. With Rudy T gone and Carroll out the door, its time for Rashard Lewis to come home. He has been in a losing scenario for years, and next year is his last year of his contract. If he does what McGrady did, tells the sonics to trade him or he'll leave through free agency, we've got him.

Why we want Rashard:

1.) He's played with a dominant Shooting Guard : Ray Allen and plays very well with him not getting crowded or needing the ball constantly in his hands. Plays well without the ball.

2.) Is a strong rebounder and tall from the 3-spot. Can post up smaller 3's or even larger 2's. Can even play some 4, because Yao dominates so much of the paint.

3.) Is a great 3-pt shooter and plays like Horry used to. Can use his height to get the ball into Yao easier.

4.) Is not a creator. Will Flourish with Yao and T-Mac as he is a great mid-range/ 3-pt shooter and finisher around the basket.

Why Rashard Would Want the Rockets:

1.) Sick of losing and wanting a contender is very valuable (Swift took less and McGrady forced his way to Houston)

2.) Come back home. Still spends lots of time in Houston and loves playing here. No state taxes!

3.) Realizes that Allen's getting older and the Sonics are not only not going anywhere, they might leave Seattle soon.

If Rashard forces the sonics to trade him to the Rockets or he'll walk, they would take our draft pick + stromile swift, who plays like Chris Wilcox and will thrive in an uptempo offense with Ridnaur and Allen. Plus Shultz is cheap and Stro's a bargain, while still exciting for the team. That and the fact that Wilcox will probably get higher offers this summer.

That would give us:

Yao/Deke/Lampe
    Howard/Lewis/ Hayes
    Lewis/ McGrady/ Bogans (or pickup)
    McGrady/ Head/ Bogans
    Alston/ Head/ Sura

That team can run, play the half court and Head/Lewis will make teams pay for doubling Yao/McGrady. Those players are role players that will feed off of the greatness of our two leaders.

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I don't think there is much of a chance that that's happening, I don't really know Rashard, but I would think that he'd want a team where he could be at least the 2nd option, he's still young. On the Rockets he would be the 3rd option

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

no thanks, i'd rather have bryce drew.

emeka okafor is from houston and is tired of losing. lets get him instead.

swift + head + knicks 2nd for okafor.

i hope morely is taking notes.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

How about our first rounder and Luther for Okafor? Would Charlotte bite on that one?

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Now that seems like a possiblity getting okafor here in Houston... Hmmmm..

6. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I know this is almost impossible, and I'm gonna get flamed for this. But would you trade T-Mac + Stromile Swift + 1st round pick for Ray Allen and Lewis? We get the dead eye shooter we always want in Ray Allen, and the slasher in Lewis to replace T-Mac. Sonics gonna get a super star in return, a decent PF, and a good draft pick to get a good center or guard.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I don't like his game at all. He's a 6'10" guy who parks all day long at the 3-point line.

If you'll add a max or near-max player from the Sonics, I would much rather have it be Ray Allen.

8. ALLEN7628

ALLEN7628 Member

I don't know, it seems like Lewis' game would fit pretty well. I mean he's a spot up shooter, but he also has the ability to score off the dribble and think about the defensive possibilities with him being so athletic and long. Playing with Yao and T-Mac as the first options, spot up shooting would really be exactly what you are looking for I think. And then he has the athletic ability to help us match up athletically and length-wise with teams like Dallas & Phoenix.

Not that it matters, because I just don't see how we get him (but It'd be nice if we did).

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Wow. That is actually very appealing from our perspective. It doesn't sound like the #'s match up but I think I'd have to consider that. We probably would need to throw in another contract.

I love TMac but his back is definately questionable. + I'm not sure TMac's game will ever be 100% complimentary to Yao's game. But Ray Allen and Yao were made for each other. + Rashard would also fit it in really really well.

Pipe dream ...but I like it.

10. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

TMac's game might not ever be 100% complimentary to Yao's game but Ray Allen's is why...?

11. istream

istream Member

I dont see any incentive for Seattle to give up their best player for the players we have outside of Yao or Tmac, but I would hope managment makes some kind of push.

12. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Anyone can knock down open jumpers is a good complementary player to Yao. I think Ray can do that as good as anyone in the league. :)

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Ray is an excellent half-court guy but he can also run well. Tmac shoots something like 30% from the 3pt line. Ray Allen shoots just a tad bit better than that. ;) Plus Ray can also get his own shots off the dribble so he can draw a double team.

14. littlefish_220

My question is why he didn't force the team to trade him to Mavs, Spurs, Piston, Heat, etc.?

15. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

He is very good player, good defense and can postup inside.

16. tracymac

tracymac Member

he is from houston...always said he wants to play here...and this is the rockets forum so we tend to presume that players want to be here... ;)

thats not the real problem however, i dont think seattle wud be too keen on trading him...plus we dont have the assests to get him..but he wud be a good fit on this team...hell he'd pretty much be a good fit on any team...he can hit the 3, post up, finish strong, defend and is 6'10...who doesnt want that...??

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

consider the cap

18. Omer

Omer Member

A Rashard Lewis acquisition would be amazing.
    However, there is a minimal chance of it happening.
    Can dream though.

19. cyber-dave

cyber-dave Contributing Member

If Rashard is a (small) forward and that is the position played by TMAC, then how would they (YAO, TMAC and RASH) be on the floor at the same time to take advantage of the three of them playing together on the same team?

Rashard isn't going to want to come of the bench and I don't think he can play SG can he?

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Pass on Rashard.

Ok he can shoot the ball but he's soft and not a very good rebounder or defender. We need a power forward who can get lots of rebounds and garbage points. That's not Rashard's game. Not to mention he's not the aggressive personality that this team needs. He's still a really soft player.