1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NEEDED] Good Baseball Keeper League players

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by mogrod, Feb 26, 2006.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

My brother, father-in-law and I are trying to put together a good keeper league for baseball.

We have three other interested people so far, which makes 6 teams total, but we would like to get anywhere from 12-20 teams all together. Of course, depending on how many join, factors into if we only do one league (AL or NL) or combined.

It will probably be a Rotisserie league but we have not got as far enough along to lay down a set of rules or anything so far. Just trying to get members right now. We will set it up to be an online draft somehow no matter what type of draft it will become.

Also looking at a cheap but very reliable way to run the league. So far, we have looked at cbssportsline.com which is $130 per league ($13 per team with 10 teams only to go cheaper wih more teams). If we go that route, we can have a cash prize for the top 3 or so teams every season.

We want reliable, available players who are not TOO competitive. I mean, we want people to try go all out to win, but at least be able to have a little fun with it and the other members as well. We want people who will be active enough to at least look over and give a curteous response to any trade offer.

Basically, we just want to get a good group of guys to together for a litte fun every summer. Would rather we had a committed group to where we didn't have a bunch drop out every year to make us try to fill teams.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

You can either post your email address and I'll respond, or you can email me at akline@earthlink.net.

Thanks for the consideration.

2. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

wow I could of swore some people would of posted in here being interested...decent amount of views within 2 days.

3. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

http://www.geocities.com/thelongballclub/index.html

site under construction still but as the rules get discussed and the quicker we get a couple more managers, the sooner we can get started.

its going to be alot of fun and if you like being in leagues that are close to realistic then this is for you. alot of interested rules being discussed...

4. mogrod

Hey guys, we are still looking for a couple of more teams.

More info...

Roto 5x5 Keeper League

Probably run about $30 to join each year.

Live, online action draft sometime this month (not yet determined)

Some good guys looking to have some fun (ok, sounded raunchy but you know what I mean)

Check out our official league website which has a lot of info and rules.

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are still looking for players, let me know... I have myself and a good buddy of mine that would love to join...

6. mogrod

DELETE

#6 mogrod, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  7. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Hey mogrod,

I might be interested depending on how you set-up the league and more importantly the time of the draft.

I've played a few years (but never won, not even once) in a great Houston based league. It is a great ROTO (4x4) league that is an auction style NL only keeper league with full blown minor teams. Just awesome! But it is expensive.

I may step down off the ledge and join in your league. That way I won't lose as much money each year.

send me a message if you're still building it.

thx.

8. mogrod

I still have 1 spot I could fill actually. Just opened up. The draft is Sat., April 1st at 7:30 central. The league fee is $35.

Most of the info you need to decide is on the website my brother put together.

It's a Roto 5x5 KEEPER league with an auction draft. We are only drafting 2 minor leaguers though, not a whole team.

Send me an email (akline6@earthlink.net) if you are still interested and/or have any questions. I tried emailing you but I couldn't for some reason.

Unfortunately, I need an answer either way REALLY soon.

Thanks for the interest.

9. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Hi mogrod,

I emailed you.

Can you let me know if I'm in or out? Please take a look at the questions that I asked in my email to you and let me know one way or another.

thanks, mogrod!

league looks very nice.

mpg

10. mogrod

Well, I emailed you twice with no response. So, I assume you're out?