1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

next years draft ??

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by gr8-1, May 1, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You guys are saying it will be real deep, can anybody list the likely prospects for next year ?

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.angelfire.com/md/Draftpage/

That's a Hoopsboards person's 2001 draft page, and that's about right. The High School crop is INCREDIBLE. PG/SG 6'2'' DeJuan Wagner is likely the 2nd coming of Iverson, and there's 2 big time centers. That page doesn't have them, but some of the big ones are Wagner, Tyson Chandler (7'1''), and Eddy Curry (6'11'', REALLY big).

Collegiate players that are REAL good:
    Terrence Morris
    Loren Woods
    Carlos Boozer
    Jason Williams
    Dan Gadzuric
    Gerald Wallace
    Eddie Griffin
    Brendan Haywood
    Shane Battier
    DeShawn Stevenson

Add to that list Mihm and Swift if they stay. Not all of them are coming out, but there's possibly 12-13 guys, that would be likely top 5 picks in this draft. Add in the Kaponos, Satterfields, and Chenowiths, and there's pretty good NBA players all the way up to about 20

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

3. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Some of these guys could change their mind and come out this year but here are some of next years seniors who are sure fire 1st rounders for next year: Mihm, Woods, Battier, Haywood, T. Morris, Richardsen, & K. Johnson.

Other 1st round picks who probably will come out in 2001 include Wallace, Murphy, Boozer, Forte, Gadzuric, Jefferson, Yarborogh.

If some of these groups of players come out this year as it looks like Swift has changed his mind (say if some combination of Mihm, Wallace, Haywood and Boozer come out now as well), than this year may be as good or better for the Rockets than next years. There are about 4-5 key undecided players that make all the difference.

Note: I have weighted my lists to focus on front court players because that is what the Rockets need, there also are other Hschlers who may enter and be very low picks.

------------------

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Seems like this year has a couple post players and lot of depth at the SG-SF, while next year there may be more depth at the post positions unless there are some late additions yo this years draft.
    Maybe it won't be such a bad thing if we don't get our 1st round picks until next year.

------------------

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I just read an article, if DeShawn Stevenson doesn't pass his test, he may come to the NBA.....and it said the Rockets are interested in him.

We need Mihm to come out this year....because Chicago needs a center, and if they can't find one, they'll pick who we want (Stromile Swift). I think we can get him, if we find a way to move to #3.

sir-I wouldn't say next year's high school crop will be very low picks....2 dominating big men, and an Iverson-esque PG/SG combo.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Which one of the Rockets' scouts is a b*stard?

Is it just me or is every player in the nation going to get the Rockets #9 seed? I know this is how the game is played, but I hope that student athletes can be realistic about their chances (in light of R. Lewis).

------------------

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Next year the #1 pick of the draft will be PF/C Aaron "Ace" McGhee if he comes out. Formerly of Cincinnati he was the Juco player of the year and will be a Jr. next season at Oklahoma. Dude averaged over 40 pts, 20 rebs, 5 blocks a game in the NJCAA Tournament. That translate into a 20/10 guy at the div 1 level. Maybe Francis3 knows something about this guy since he was at Cincy before transferring. It's not bias, it's the truth.

------------------