1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

tell me about Alexander

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by gr8-1, May 1, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

In case cuttino leaves, i would guess that we need to get a sg/sf type. He is clearly the top rated swingman, or is he ?

So he's 6'6" 200 ? is that legit ? Has anybody seen this guy ? Is he really smaller then that ?

whats his game like ?

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

The top scorer in the draft. Simply finds ways to fill it up. Has unlimited range. Solid defensively.

Not great at anything besides scoring. Does not know the definition of bad shot (hence his somewhat meager shooting %'s). Has some legitimate questions about his character.

Is a shooting guard, not a small forward. My guess is he has the ultimate potential to be a Mitch Richmond (the good years) type player with the downside of a Ed Gray (no shot selection and no dedication). Most likely he'll be somewhere closer to the Richmond range.

------------------

3. MManal

MManal Member

Courtney Alexander is the type of player that is termed as a scorer. The 6-6 200 appears to be accurate. He has an explosive first step off the dribble and possesses the ability to stop on a dime to elevate for the shot. His mechanics on his outside shot are good, but his shooting pct has been very inconsistent. This could be due to the offensive load he has to carry in the Fresno St. offense or it could just be that he is very inconsistent. I think its a little bit of both. Alexander is capable of scoring off screens and curls along with his ability to score off the dribble. His one-on-one defense improved this season but still needs work. If an NBA coach is willing to allow Alexander to isolate and take his man off the dribble like Rudy allows Mobley, Alexander could really blossom.

As far as the Rockets go, Alexander probably would not be a very good option imho. His game closely suits that of a SG as he is a scorer first. I dont see him as the type of player that could play a lot of time at the SF position. The only way there would be a big need for a player like Alexander possibly is if Mobley were to walk.

In the current situation, the Rockets need either a SF with versatility like Mike Miller or Darius Miles or a PF like Swift, Moiso, etc.

------------------