1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TeXaSalsa's Mock Draft Version 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TeXaSalsa, Apr 20, 2000.

1. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

TeXaSalsa’s Mock Draft Version 2.0
    Enjoy and please give feedback.
    greg01@flash.net for comments
    Version 3.0 will be after the official lottery drawing.

1.) LA CLIPPERS- Kenyon Martin (duh)
    2.) ORLANDO from GS- Marcus Fizer (duh)
    3.) CHICAGO - Chris Mihm** (duh only he might not come out I hope he does.)
    4.) VANCOUVER- Morris Peterson ( Surprise! But they have a great starting 5. They need a spark plug off the bench. They don’t come any better than Mo Pete.)
    5.) CHICAGO from Washington- Courtney Alexander ( Hey this team sucks on Offense. So they will take a 2 who is a scorer. Great size btw.)
    6.) ATLANTA- Mike Miller** (Miller is declaring. The hawks love him and he is a guy who is immensely talented and could really really help them.)
    7.) CLEVELAND- Jerome Moiso** (old shawn kemp meet the new shawn kemp)
    8.) NEW JERSEY- Darius Miles** ( Needs a 3. I can see Marbury- Miles alley oops for years to come. This team could also go for Pryzbilla or Etan Thomas here.)

9.) HOUSTON- Olumide Oyediji ( just a feeling they will pick him. I hope they go for R. Lewis in the offseason. Cato-Oyediji-Lewis frontline would kick some ass. IF Darius Miles or even Mike Miller is falls into our lap I think we will jump for joy and draft him instead.

10.) ORLANDO from GS- Dermarr Johnson ( they go for best talent and damn this kid has talent)
    11.) BOSTON- Mateen Cleaves ( dumping pitino, kenny anderson, and any other jerk and replacing KA with a guy with heart will do this team WONDERS)
    12.) DALLAS- Joel Pryzbilla ( like I said another stupid pick is coming)
    13.) ORLANDO- Chris Porter ( will go for a good athlete which porter is)
    14.) DETROIT- JASON Collier -- thx NIKE [​IMG] ( Someone anyone big to score/rebound)
    15.) MILWAUKEE- Etan Thomas ( Or they could go back to tractor traylor. Air bullard pulls down more RBs than him)

IF ONE OF THESE PICKS GOES TO HOUSTON
    HOUSTON – Desmond Mason ( gee thatll be 2 guys with 40in + vertical leaps. The rockets games will be more like an aerial show if we get him)

Mason will be picked up somewhere between 10-20…..

16.) SACREMENTO- Quentin Richardson** ( Nick has been struggling, they could use some help on the boards…..)
    17.) SEATTLE- Mamadou N’Diaye (this is high for him but he can play D and RB which the Sonics really really need)
    18.) LA CLIPPERS from Toronto- Erick Barkley ( who the hell is running the point there anyways? )
    19.) PHILADELPHIA- Hanno Mottola ( best talent available, he kinda reminds me of young Kuckoc)
    20.) CHARLOTTE- JaRon Rush** ( he is supposed to be good… who knows what they will do here
    21.) TORONTO from MIN – Ed Cota ( Penn is better but Cota went to school w/ Vince Carter)z
    Note: Cota’s stock has slipped. This team could go for Craig Claxton here

22.) NEW YORK – Scoonie Penn ( he is already better than Ward/ Childs … needs a PG badly)
    23.) UTAH from MIA- Eduardo Najera or Mark Karcher ( Malone wont be around forever and they can use some fresh legs to RB)
    24.) CHICAGO from SA- Jason Hart ( sorry Matt Maloney your on the bench. A very solid PG.)
    25.) PHOENIX- Brad Millard ( needs a center)
    I think Orlando has the rights to this pick. Expect it to go to Houston if they do. Orlando owes Denver a pick in a couple years. I really believe that they will give Houston this pick.

26.) INDIANA- A.J Guyton ( Hometown hero! They will go for Pepe Sanchez if he isnt around)
    GS has the option for this pick. They should still pick Guyton.
    27.) MIAMI- Peter Mickeal ( A hard working swingman who plays D. Riley’s kind of player)
    28.) PORTLAND- Gee Gervin ( UH ALL THE WAY!!!) Seriously Michael Redd
    29.) LA LAKERS- Jabari Smith ( needs a backup to shaq – maybe he and shaq can talk about the good old days when he was at LSU when the lakers are up 50 every other game.)

ORLANDO might have another pick late in the draft. IF they pick they will choose some sort of athlete like Keyon Dooling. IF they happen to give Houston this pick Look for houston to draft a SF like carrawell here. They could also go for M.Madsen or Lavor Postell. Houston will likely pick one of those guys in the 2nd round.

** indicates they are likely to come out but Im not completely sure.

2ND ROUND PICKS
    Eddie House, Jamaal Magloire possibly, Khalid El Amin, Pepe Sanchez, Johnny Hemsley, Brian Cardinal, Granger guy from Michigan St., Mark Madsen, Chris Carrawell, McPherson, Yao Ming, Alvin Jones, big foreign dudes, Craig Claxton, Santangelo, E.Brown, Highwater, Lavor Postell, maybe Rush, maybe Arceneaux,
    Maybe Karcher, Kenny Satterfield, the other Indian Hills players. Keyone Dooling

Who is likely not coming out: Woods, Swift, Tinsley, any of the young depaul guys, J.Williams, Battier, Terrence Morris, Gardner, any other young Arizona player, Forte, Haywood, Capel, T.Murphy, Gerald Wallace, I don’t think that Harvery guy from Florida is coming out either, and Kaspars Kambala I don’t know about either.

------------------
    --TEX

[This message has been edited by TeXaSalsa (edited April 20, 2000).]

2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Glad you went through all that work and it was a great read, but as it always is with mocks, there are a few problems.

Porter absolutely will not be a lottery pick. In fact, there are now grumblings he may go UNDRAFTED entirely.

Pryzbilla will likely go earlier as well. Cota is considered second round material, not much of a chance he goes first anymore (was not impressive in camps).

Finally, and I know this wasn't a factor in your draft, but I really feel Vancouver makes a trade with their pick or takes Pryzbilla. They need a power forward (Harrington is not liked all that much by them) or a center desperately.

Again, nice job. Thanks. Isn't the draft fun?!?

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty good mock.

Let's start a "Draft Oyededji" Fan Club [​IMG]

Some stuff:

-Alexander would go before Mo Pete.
    -Dermarr is likely a top 5 pick.
    -Brad Collier=Jason Collier?
    -Mateen could go that early, but I think he's gonna be around 20. Has no shot whatsoever.
    -Mottola is falling. Soft, and injury prone. Once thought to be lottery/top 5, now may go undrafted.
    -I like the Guyton pick, but they may try to grab him in round 2.
    -the other Indian Hills player is Cory Hightower. 6'8'' SF/SG/PG (sorta) around 20 will be where he goes.
    -If Dooling comes out, he's either lottery or right after it. He reminds me a little of Francis-a 6'3'' flashy point guard, who can dunk.
    -Ernest Brown is top 15.
    -Kenny Satterfield is NOT coming out.
    -Porter is probably now, with his height, late 1st/early 2nd

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. TeXaSalsa

Thanks for your input guys.
    On Porter
    Maybe i did put him pretty high. i think he is a good player though
    On E.Brown
    He is too raw to go top 15. He should stay in school. ESPN has him in 2nd round. i agree

thx for Jason Collier correction. it was late and i was thinking of brad millard.

Dooling is also a 2nd round pick. not many teams need a PG that bad, and there are 3-5 PGs taht are better than him.

Penn, Cleaves, Barkley, Claxton, maybe even guyton and cota could get drafted before him. he is leaning to going back to school i think.

Corey highwater could go that high if he enters the draft. wait is he a senior? i still think any guy from that college will go 2nd round.

dermarr i dont think is top 5. too many needs on the teams above to choose a project like that. maybe bulls or grizzlies but i dont think the other teams will want him that bad.

I think Mottola will go around 18-25 where i put him. he is very coachable.

The reason i put mo pete in front of alexander is vancouver has a great 2 in dickerson and alexander is the type who needs to start. mo pete is a proven 6th man and the grizzlies bench is horrible.

------------------
    --TEX

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

Grizz have Abdur Rahim at 3 and Dickerson at 2. Felipe Lopez is a decent back-up to both. They need help at 4/5 more than the swing spots. If they can't get Mihm, Fizer or Martin I think they will select Moiso.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indian Hills is JUCO. Players that couldn't get into real colleges. Ernest Brown is the real deal. He had a bad year, but Iowa State was drooling over him, if you saw that big Chronicle Story.

If Dooling chooses to come out, he'll go high: nbadraft.net had him ahead of Erick Barkley, at #6 at my last look.

Dermarr's potential is through the roof. He could explode, or he could become a total flop.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

7. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Magloire is considered a mid first round pick. He does not have much of an offensive game but then again drafts don't have much height in them.

------------------

8. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dooling will definately go first round if he comes out. Ernest Brown had a very, very mediocre year when he transferred to Indiana Hills. I think top 15 would be really stretching it. And it's not like Iowa St. was a big time program when he committed to them. Iowa St. doesn't exactly grab the best talent around, so their drool carries considerably less weight than Duke drool.

------------------

9. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I think Barkley & Dooling will be the first 2 PG's picked. Probably then Penn and Cleaves, Cota later.

I don't like Maglorie much. At least Etan Thomas, Collier and Ken Johnson (haven't heard much about his appeal for 1 more year) jhave some offense--they seem much better options to me. Moiso or Prybilla maybe better than all four of those.

I do not see D. Johnson falling that far either, unless a team want a little more impact right now in Mo Pete and Alexander. I would be thrilled if we could land Demarr with a 9 pick but I think it is extremely unlikely unless quite a few more big names change their mind (Mihm, Haywood, Battier, HSchlers).

When is the deadline for declaring?? Is it late May when we will know for sure who is in and who is out??

------------------

10. TeXaSalsa

Scarvajal
    The deadline is noon on May 14th i think.

maybe i did put dermarr a little low.
    but you said teams might draft others if htey want an impact now. the grizzlies might draft peterson because of that. dermarr is still kind of a project. dont get me wrong he will be awesome but the other teams have immediate needs.

I think cleaves will be picked in front of dooling actually. who knows..
    claxton is also gonna be drafted maybe 1st round he played terrific at the desert classic.

------------------
    --TEX

11. TeXaSalsa

Hey guys
    Maybe Brown is better than im giving him credit for. He might for mid to late 1st round but i have doubts about top 15.

but i really doubt magloire is 1st round material. sorry but theres nothing that really stands out about him.

on dooling:
    well he officially declared.... espn says mid to late 1st round. i agree. 3.9 assists for a PG is paltry. sorry even if he is athletic he is a PG.

thanks for correction on satterfield.
    And maybe i did put porter a little high..

------------------
    --TEX

12. TeXaSalsa

Well it looks like Dooling is declaring. too bad. he wanted to stay in school but his parents influenced him to turn pro. can someone tell me about htis guy? whats good about him?

------------------
    --TEX