1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Tribune draft order

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CriscoKidd, Mar 14, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Terence Morris at #13?
    Quentin Richardson at #18?
    Chris Porter at #29?

Very interesting. Doesn't look like Morris is coming out though...

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited March 14, 2000).]

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

The Sam Bowie selection over Jordan is a good example of why it is always best to go with "the best athlete available," rather than pick according to need. If someone develops, you can then trade them for what you need.

This year, the problem is that there just aren't any great centers. So anyone who needs one, will pick Mihm, who is probably the best of the lot.

That's beneficial for us, since our needs center around the best athletes available in this draft, and where it's deepest. Since a couple of the teams will probably pick centers in the first few picks, a couple guys will hopefully slip to us.

3. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

Haven,

i've been wonderin' the same thing... i don't see Temple beating Duke... The Blue Devils got way more talent and like you said, they can beat that Temple zone.

------------------

4. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

DerMarr= Extremely skinny Glen Rice WITH defense. Until he bulks up, man will he get bounced around in the NBA. The guy look like a toothpick. LOL. [​IMG]

------------------
    The Countdown has been terminated..and March Madness has arrived!!!

..And we're there to report it...

www.draftsource.net

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, you need to give temple more credit. This is a team that stayed with the Juggernaut Duke team last year in the tournament. Minus Trajan Langdon and Elton Brand, they would have won that game last year. This year, Duke doesn't have Trajan Langdon and Elton Brand. Temple has a pair of monsters down low in Kevin Lyde and Lamont Barnes. Duke's biggest weakness is probably in the interior. Pepe Sanchez is a perfect fit for their grind-it-out tempo. And they have a lot of guys that can fill it up. They've got the right combination in order to make a deep tournament run. They may not be as talented man for man as Duke. But they've got an experienced team that has been together for a while and are arguably the playing better than any team in the country right now. And you add in the fact that Duke is relying big time on freshmen. It is perfectly plausible that Temple will come out on top. I'll probably pull for Temple on behalf of John Chaney.

------------------

6. lived

lived Member

I'm a newbie, so here goes! ....
    So with all this talk, can anyone come up with a possible top 10 list?

------------------
    Do not harm little children!

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

A very deep draft if everyone comes out.

I am not a Penn fan, but think he will be mid to late 1st rd.

Barkley and Porter would be gems in the mid to late 1st rd where I think they will go. Look for the rockets to get a second pick in the draft through a trade since there will be skilled players late.

------------------
    Moochie hear no evil Moochie speak no evil
    Moochie see no evil

8. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

my only comment on that is where the hell is michigan state man mateen cleaves? if he leads his team to a championship, which he very may, he will go at least in the first round!

------------------

9. Axeman

Axeman Member

I hope the Rockets can get their hands on Fizer. I really think he's the best player in this year's class HANDS DOWN.

I think it's pretty obvious we've got the backcourt fairly shored up - between Francis, Mobley, and Anderson, we're looking alright there. We could use a better 3-point swingman right now, but that's another story. What we need to do is look at getting a low-post scorer again. Hakeem is gone after next year. We can't sign Duncan (unfortunately) and Cato will never have the offensive skills we need. Thomas is good but I think it's a stretch to put him at 20 points a game in the NBA anytime in the near future. But Fizer can flat out PLAY -- one coach said on the Jim Rome show that he thinks Fizer is the best player in the country right now ( no... He wasn't the coach of Iowa State <grin>).

With Francis at the point and Fizer giving us a low post scoring threat again, I really think the Rockets rebuilding process will be on the right track.

------------------

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Mihm is a good player, big, semi-athletic, with a nice touch. He can play with power too when needed. He's only a sophomore!!

We tend to forget that when he is placed in an NBA training program, he very well could flourish. He is definitely coachable.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Mihm is a good player, big, semi-athletic, with a nice touch. He can play with power too when needed. He's only a sophomore!!

Actually, Mihm is a junior.

------------------