1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Gundy II!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 3, 2005.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Yes it can...Dont forget, JVG got outcoached by a rookie coach in the playoffs last year....

2. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

I'm really pissed at JVG right now...

JVG lost this game.

He put Wesley on Kobe. WTF? :confused: :mad:

Brian Cook was constantly left wide open. Didn't JVG see him torching Dallas hitting 12-16 for 28 points the night before?!?! :mad:

He kept Howard and Swift in the game even though they were doing crap on rebounding. Where was Hayes or even Baxter? They always hustle for the ball, unlike Howard and Swift who just stand around watching the Lakers grab the rebounds. :(

He kept playing Bowen. Bowen is a hustle player, but he just sucks on offense. Bowen keeps bumping the other team and getting stupid fouls. :mad:

He let his team take bad shots near the end of the shot clock when they should be running more pick and rolls to make the other team adjust. I see the pick, but where is the pass to the roller?!?!?

When Yao is in, the offense is so boring and predictable. It's pass it around the perimeter, wait for Yao to post on the other side and then pass it in. Sometimes Yao passes it out and they pass it back in. By then so much time has already been wasted and it's up to Yao to hit the shot. Because if he misses, there is no one there to get any second chance points of the offensive rebound. Again, where is Hayes and Baxter?

I admit, we had a boring and predictable offense with Olajuwon, but Olajuwon had an unstoppable shot one on one, and when he was double teamed we would swing it around to a shooter. We don't have any consistent shooters now! Where is freakin' Barry? At least he was a decent 3pt shooter.

The only bright spot was Rafer Alston. He had a great game. Did you see him near the end of the game when they brought out the garbage players? He was totally pissed that they lost the game. As you can probably figure out by this post, I'm totally pissed because we could have won this one.

3. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

What can we fans do to get rid of the bald clown?

What can we fans do to get rid of the bald clown? He is killing rockets. At least two of the last four wins could easily be losses if the oponent played decently. The rockets were playing with absolutely no passion. The rockets as a team has the worst offense in NBA. The plays are dictated and the players are bored. It's funny everyone was playing their roles and the team lose. This season is almost over, and I am horrified by the idea that he is continuing coaching this team for a few more years. Guys, what can we do to stop him? Save Rockets!

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny, yesterday it was all JVG love-fest around here.

Don't worry, Texas Stoke, x-computerman and the rest will be around shortly to tell you it's your fault, not his.

I will allways think JVG is a bad fit for a finesse team. Tmac and Yao are finesse stars, and it's stupid to plug them into a JVG team. JVG is the opposite of finesse. He uses a sledgehammer when we need a metric socket. If the hammer doesn't make the part work, he just wants to get a bigger hammer.

Thank you Les.

5. terse

terse Member

If Chuckie plays, we are in danger of making the playoffs. Can't have that, can we?

6. munco

munco Member

that rookie coach, as much as i hate to admit it, has been outcoaching just about everyone since his start. he's won coach of the month 3x already this season.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

Yao: JVG's sledgehammer style pains my groin

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Watching JVG's offense is like sitting on an electric chair while getting a lapdance. At times its pleasurable, like when yao or Tmac make a nice one-on-one move. But end process sucks the life out of you, and leaves you begging for death, IF you are not dead already by halftime.

9. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Everyone needs to get off Chuck Hayes nuts. He is a scrub

10. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

That maybe. But he's at least a better scrub than JVG-Beloved Bowen.

11. terse

terse Member

Hayes has been averaging 14 rebounds and 12 points per 40 minutes. And he's only a rookie. All I can say is, you must have a strange definition of "scrub".

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As someone in another thread pointed out, the "showcase" idea doesn't make sense. If you want to trade a player because he sucks, what does it do to play him more? To show other GM how sucky he is?

I don't know how many passes Swift dropped last night. I estimate as least 3 beautiful passes by T-Mac to him wide open under the basket. It would have been easy highlight dunks and 6 points for him and 3 more assists for T-Mac. But no, he fumbled away. Not to mention all the offensive rebounds he gave up to the Lakers by forgetting to block out. And that is showcasing? Stro's trade value dropped a few notches after last night's game.

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

JVG defensive scheme sucked last night. Just like it didn't work for boston when the guy ur doubling off of hits his shots.

14. ALLEN7628

ALLEN7628 Member

That's more of an execution problem than a scheme problem. When you double one player the rest of the defense is supposed to rotate so that the shot of the player you are doubling off at least goes contested. If the defense doesn't rotate, and you leave an NBA player wide open he is likely to make the shot. Would you rather leave Kobe one on one so he can score 80?

15. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Hey!

Just because the Rocks have won 7 of 8 and are getting healthier is NO REASON to stop posting on this thread. Lets not let it die. We are still 8 games under!

Please guys. Lets keep up the good work!

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Success for the team – no credit for JVG

Failure for the team – all blame goes to JVG

That seems logical….

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Success for the team - all credit JVG
    Failure for the team - no blame for jvg

about *as* logical

Rocket River

18. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

i dont think theres anything to get too excited about...we didnt beat any real contenders in the last 8 games...maybe besides the clippers (which i still question)... and i think the main complaint by most ppl of jvg is that he dont get the most out of his players cause with yao and tmac we're going to win games regardless but jvg isnt the guy that would take the team to the top...

a good example would be the lakers back in the day of shaq and kobe before phil jackson...they were still making the playoffs because of shaq and kobe two stars...but in the playoffs they wouldnt make any noise until PJ came in...

19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

How anyone could still ignore the effect that injuries had on this team this year .... escapes me. There was no blame for JVG or the Players, unless you want to hold someone responsible for the injuries.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I believe we should certainly hold Yao responsible for his big toe and Tmac for his back prolem. :eek: