1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sins Of Scripture (book)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dubious, Jan 28, 2006.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

The answer seems simple (I am pretty simple-minded)

If consciousness stops can existance be perceived?

If it takes a conscious observer to perceive reality, then the variable is consciousness.

Existence is perceived by the conscious.

The blind man does not know blue or red, but they in reality are wave lengths of light that with the proper light sensors are perceived.

The light waves are real. Blue and Red are real descriptions of light waves.

Human consciousness at best observes, experiences and reasons.

I wouldn't say anything is defined as in 'existence' by consciousness and experience, just observed.

And in humble opinion the only way to know if God exists is for Him to reveal Himself to you. Through belief, and experience this can happen.

It did for me and I am nothing special. In fact I believe it is God's plan for everybody.

I don't ever try to define God by circumstances. He chooses to be defined by revealing Himself in truth and Spirit. Finding God in not personal discovery but Divine Grace. It is a gift given freely to those who seek Him with an honest heart.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

But you are already assuming that life and you does exist independently from the universe. You can also think that consciousness and matter have always coexisted with no beginning and end. I guess some things are beyond comprehension. :D

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Well Did god make television or did we? If we did then our consciousness defined the reality of television. I think everything is defined in our mind when it is in fact beyond defining. Reality is co-created with our minds. "There cannot be "consciousness" with no content. There is no "phenomenal world" without perceiving."

4. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I’m certainly convinced from my personal experience, and I wouldn’t have been convinced otherwise. There is another dimension to our existence, the spiritual dimension, that needs to be explored in a different way, but when one does they find it every bit as real and more. I think you will find that a lot of people can and will speak to you about their personal spiritual experiences in a way that is very sincere and clearly unique and personal even though it may have key common elements to other peoples’ experiences. That’s pretty good evidence that it is a genuine personal experience and not merely an act of conformity, I suggest.