1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canadians Get Smart. Vote out Liberals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2006.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I've heard talk about Tobin being a candidate for the next federal election.

2. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Absolutely! He’s the guy who went after the Spanish when they were poaching our fish (Turbot, was it?) and he had our boys drag up one of their illegal nets that they cut lose when they were trying to make a getaway to prove what they were doing. He was also part of the brat pack in Ottawa for a while but wasn’t one of Jean’s people iirc and left federal politics some years ago now. I think he’d be a great leader. Another guy from your part of the world I really liked was Clyde Wells. What ever happened to him?

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Libertarian is a legit party. Alot of Americans lean to the Libertarian way and never even know it. Ignorants!

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He went back to being a lawyer and currently runs his own practice, I believe.

5. Phi83

Phi83 Contributing Member

Venezuala!

6. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Canadian border guards bug out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060125.w3border0125/BNPrint/National/

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Do we get to revive this thread in 15 months?

(or will it be sooner)

8. deepblue

deepblue Member

Did you move to Canada already?

9. insane man

insane man Member

they weren't armed...

10. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Usually there is some kind of deal in place where the party that holds the balance of power gets a few of its issues addressed and agrees not to bring the government down for 2 or more years, but the coalition in this case is going to be an odd one, no matter who the other party is. I wonder if the Conservatives would try to make a deal with the Liberals? With Martin gone that might be doable. How else is it going to work? The block ran scare adds against Harper telling Quebecers not to trust an Albertan, so how could they now make a deal with him? Further, the Conservatives took many votes from the BQ in Quebec and could be their main rivals there now. The NDP is a theoretical possibility, but that would be a coalition between the parties on either end of the spectrum.

11. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Was that his point? I wasn’t sure what he was getting at, or what it had to do with the topic of the thread.

12. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

13. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I thought we had only one. :)

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I hope those smart Canadians recognize that they are wasting money on things like safe rooms for miners. They really need to turn things around and maximize profit.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What about, "America, junior"?

17. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

How about American Lite? Less imperialistic, but still tastes great.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

...and in another thread we are discussing why the rest of the world hates America. I wonder why? ;)

19. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

I want Justin (Trudeau that is) to lead the Liberal Party in the near future.

This young fella (even though I am even younger than he is) has all the charm just like Pierre, his father, during the funeral speech when the latter died of old age...