1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have no talent?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

This is for those who listen to the bob "I'm a jackass" kemp show on 610 am.

Anywho, last night a Houstonian called in saying that Dream isn't worth resigning and the usual BS and kemp was agreeing saying that he hurts their rebuilding process and that right now The Rockets don't have a talented roster! He says they should blow up the team and move Steve to the two guard so he can get his shots without worrying about passing. After a while the caller said something bob disagreed with so bob hung up on him and gave him the booing sound clip. He then furthers my belief that he doesn't like H-Town by remarking that guy didn't know what he was talking about and sayin sarcastically "Imagine that someone from Houston doesn't know what they're talking about."

Damn I hate this fat ass prick. [​IMG]
    I wish they would just switch his show with something else.

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

2. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

the general opinion on steve francis is that he's too good a shooter to waste on a position that requires him to look for passes to his teammates first, and that he should be putting up 25-30 shots a game, instead of 15.

------------------
    Whatever happened to feminism being about taking off bras and burning them? That was so much cooler. It had two things that men love - jiggly breasts and fire.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I don't think that is the general opinion on him. I've heard ESPN call him one of the best point guards in the league. The only reason we are hearing that at all is because of Iverson and his success at the two.

Bob Kemp is a total ass.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

4. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

Agree 100%.

------------------
    Whatever happened to feminism being about taking off bras and burning them? That was so much cooler. It had two things that men love - jiggly breasts and fire.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the caller should have said.

"Bob, you have no talent"

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bob Kemp doesn't know the last thing about talent. Him and whoever put him on the radio should get the chair. His opinions are bullsh-t. His opinions have absolutely no substance or factual information. He tries to be funny like Jim Rome...gimme a break, ******.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So, are we gonna organize a "Call Bob Kemp's Show and Really Piss Him Off For the Entire Duration" movement?

If so, I'm in. [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

hell, I'm all in.

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Bob Kemp has the most bias towards Texans and the Rockets that I've ever seen. Any time a caller from Texas is on, he is just waiting to hang up. One little statement he disagrees with and your gone. When the Rockets become true contenders and start getting to the conference and NBA finals, I hope he is still on the air so he realizes what an idiot he is. I might even call in and ask him if Steve should still be playing the 2 and tell him how much of a moron he is.

------------------
    Who needs teachers? I can learn my own self.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've said it three hundred times . BOB KEMP IS A FREAKING MORONIC PRINGLE EATING PEICE OF CRAP . I mean the moron still thinks Steve Francis is selfish for what Happened on draft day 1999 . I wish someone would just sit his ass down and make him watch a Rockets Game . Fricker just acts like a total ass and whats worse is you have to be a total brown noser even to get your point across to the idiot!

------------------
    "You gotta be the dumbest newbie I've ever seen , You've got White-Out all over your screen"
    - Weird Al Yankovic .

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

All of this thread leads me to a broader topic....how out of control has sports radio become over the course of the last 5 years or so?? At one time, it was merely a forum...call in post-game shows, etc. There was a smidgen of integrity to it. Today, though I find myself listening to a lot of it, it's trash. Every damn host thinks he's the funniest, smartest guy who ever walked the planet. Charlie Pallilo is so high on himself it's laughable! Has anyone else seen this guy?? How much organized sports do you think he played growing up? Does he (not just to pick on him...because others are just as guilty) contribute so much in some sort of journalistic manner that it warrants that attitude? I personally don't think so. It's like they've all seen the success of Rome, and they're all trying to emulate it. Quite frankly, how tired is Rome's show?? I loved the show when it first came on...but damn it's gotten old!! Every freaking day with the same stuff -- the only thing that changes is the content of the stories. It's just schtick (spelling?) run wild...it's the only thing that drives the show. And it's created this mentality where we've gone from it less to being a forum to more of, "agree with me or i'll hang up on you!" How uninteresting is that? Or how uninteresting is it to hear a national host make guesses about the quality of your hometown team when he's seen them play maybe three times. It's a joke! It used to qualify as sort of a sports news source...it's tried too hard to become entertainment.

------------------

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Funny, I've known Charlie for quite a few years. He and Rich are good friends with my partner because they all worked together at KTRH.

No question that Charlie is harsh on the phones. I will say this for him...

1. He knows more about sports (baseball and tennis in particular) than anyone I've ever met. They guy can quote stats til the cows come home and seems to follow EVERYTHING! I mean, I've heard him rattle off NASCAR, WNBA and even pro soccer numbers!

2. He was a VERY VERY talented tennis player in high school and college. I believe he was ranked nationally in the top 50 in high school but blew out his knee in college.

The guy is hard to listen to sometimes, but Rich can be as well. I'm not sure they are indicative of bad sports radio talk, however. They at least have knowledge to back up their attitude unlike certain others we've mentioned. I just wish they were as personable on air as they are in person. They are both REALLY nice people when you meet them.

By the way, neither are internet friendly, surprisingly enough. They barely read, let alone answer, their emails. For guys who are that locked into sports, that just seems odd to me.

Boy, agreed 100% on everything else. Rome is terrible as are most of the other national hosts. What is sad is that reporting on national sports programs has gotten WORSE as more of them have appeared. Most of them rely on wire services and local journalists to dig up stories they used to find on their own.

As a former journalism major and son (and nephew and grandson and husband) of a journalist, I find that to be really pathetic.

By the way, if anyone really wants to b**** about Kemp, the best way to handle it is to call, fax or email the station.

Well, nevermind on the email - they just have some "under construction" page up at the moment. But, you can call and fax the station manager.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited July 29, 2001).]

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

On Kemp: Are there email addresses for him, maybe the station, that we can use? I wonder if he's aware how obvious his bias is.

I can understand disagreeing, but it'd be nice to learn what objectivity means. I'd like to let him know just how many people are aware that he doesn't...

------------------
    "Do you know what nemesis means? 'A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent'. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c***: ME."
    - Brick Top, Snatch

14. New Kid On The Block

Literally.

------------------

15. rock

rock Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

16. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

Hey, that's not nice. I like pringles [​IMG]

------------------