1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Door Thief

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Jul 25, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I thought this was pretty funny:

<a href="http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20010725p2a00m0fp007001c.html">Public holds key to finding door thief</a>

Baffled police are calling on the public to help them nab a mysterious door thief who has stolen the entrance doors from over 20 homes in western Tokyo since late last month.

As of Wednesday, the door collector had removed 24 doors from private homes in the Tokyo suburbs of Kiyose and Higashikurume.

The houses left without doors are concentrated in a 1-kilometer radius, but investigators are most puzzled by the inexplicable motive for stealing doors.

"We have no idea why the thief is doing this," a member of the investigation team said.

A financial motive has apparently been ruled out because in every case, the door thief forcibly removed the booty from its support, rendering the door useless.

"If you want to re-sell a door, you have to take the supports with it. Otherwise you can't attach the door on another entrance," a building material dealer said.

At first, police suspected the thief stole the doors to sell them as scrap metal since all but one of the stolen gateways were made of aluminum. However, a scrap metal dealer discounted the possibility, saying, "doors are usually hollow inside so you won't make much money despite their bulky size."

It is believed that the door thief drove up to the targeted houses at night and removed the doors silently, but so far police have been unable to find a witness.

Investigators are urging members of the public to come forward with any information they may have.

"The thief may be doing it for fun. It is possible that the stolen doors are being dumped somewhere," a police spokesman said. (Mainichi Shimbun, July 25, 2001)

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."

[This message has been edited by Vengeance (edited July 25, 2001).]

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, I thought my friends and I had made the news. We have removed the breezeway door in our apartment hall at least 6 times or so, because it is loud and bangs on our walls when it is windy. Oh well, I guess I will just have to give up on a life of crime. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------
    Life is a **** sandwich. The more bread you have, the less **** you have to take.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.