1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[suggestion] New "scooper" member status

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by droxford, Nov 27, 2005.

1. droxford

droxford Member

I'd like to suggest that a new member-status level of "scooper" (or something like that) be created and given to certain users like Doc Rocket and IC2000 who have continued to show that they have the inside track on inside information.

... or maybe "Popeye" in honor of the late great.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

i think "scooper" should be reserved for those members who scoop up random **** and post em in the wrong places.

3. droxford

droxford Member

that's about 98% of the newbies here.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

"Scooper" makes me think of a pooper scooper.

5. droxford

droxford Member

how about "insider" ?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Whatever you call it, I think it's a good idea. Perhaps we can preempt some of the prove-yourself arguments that recur every time a scoop comes to fore. I think Clutch may want to be careful in not over-authenticating those with a special designation. And netizens will have to be careful to not assume that everything such a poster says is informed by inside information. And those with the designation nned to be careful not to let the power go to their heads and abuse the trust that is given them.

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Wasn't IC2000 caught in a lie in another thread when he said he saw on multiple occasions that Reggie Mcneal was walking around campus on crutches?

8. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

late popeye? have you had confirmation on that? Thought no one knew that for sure......? I guess we must assume. :(

9. droxford

droxford Member

That's what I was thinking. I keep forgetting that IC2000 is a true insider.

I don't know anything about that. So far, though, he's scooped Sura's injury, McGrady's injury, and Jon Barry's injury. The biggest was the T-Mac injury, though.