1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN790: "If Brad Ausmus is not back [next year], I'm retiring" - Clemens

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by thacabbage, Aug 26, 2005.

1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

If Clemens demands that Ausmus come back next year, Ausmus can be his personal catcher only, go 0-4 each game, leave 5 men on base and Clemens can continue losing 2-1 or 2-0 with a low ERA. :rolleyes:
    If Ausmus is anything more than a fill in catcher next year, I will lose respect for the organization. He can't hit or throw worth anything and even an average offensive catcher would upgrade our offense a couple of notches next year. The goal should be to put the best team we can on the field, not to stick a pacifier in Roger's mouth to make him happy.

When you are paid $18MM, get to live in your hometown, and only travel on the road when you are pitching, quite asking for even more and be happy with your royal arrangement. I know Clemens is pitching great and I have no problem with his salary or the special treatment because he is earning it. But mouthing off like this to put public pressure on the organization to bow down to his wishes reminds me of why I disliked Clemens so much before he became an Astro.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Maybe Ausmus gets into the hitters' heads like Spike Nolan in Brewster's Millions...

"Hey Pujols, I saw you wife the other day...she sure is an ugly b****!"

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

$18M USD

PS. Talking about pgabriel, this dude has not been happy since his idol Franca was traded. Trust me - his unhappiness has nothing to do with baseball.