1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bagwell @ Cafe Express

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Sattle, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Sattle

Sattle Contributing Member

Went to Cafe Express for lunch today (2pm) and I was behind Bags in the line. I said "What's up Bags". Asked how the shoulder was. He said shoulder is much better. Asked him if we'll see him in Sept, he said he hopes so. I was amazed that I was almost eye to eye with him (in height) and I'm only 5 foot 9 1/2. For those who care, he ordered a chicken sandwich. Carry on.

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Which Cafe Express?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm guessing the one on Voss and Woodway... just because that's right where Baggy lives. But, I could be wrong.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Did he steal the food from Cafe Express? Just as he has been stealing from the Astros these past few years.

5. Sattle

Sattle Contributing Member

Yep. That's the one. He was there with his daughters and wife.

6. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

:D

Stealing from Astros?

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Please do not use the "I'm only so and so" height line. That's reserved for us short people (5'3 1/2"). :)

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Was the sandwich fried or grilled? And did he get mayonaise? Pickle?

Seriously, do you remember any worthless details?

9. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

You should have saved his leftovers including the crumbs, napkins, and everything. Then you could have sold it on Ebay. :)

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

That would make sense since he used to practically live at the Starbucks on Woodway and Augusta.

11. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Bagwell lives near Memorial and Voss. Slowly but surely, more and more athletes are moving to my hood of Memorial. Clemens was one of the first. Drexler used to live in Bunker Hill, Francis lives in Hunters Creek, Darryl Hamilton lives in Piney Point along with Mario Elie.