1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Stoudamire refuses the LLE, what player should we target?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Aug 3, 2005.

1. drpepper

drpepper Member

If Damon signs with the Grizz, this could be good for Head as he'll see more playing time. But we're still left with the LLE; should we not use it or go after someone like Demarr or Greg Buckner? What about Eric Williams or should we wait for Finley or Allan Houston? What about Jay Williams? What to do?

Remember, we still have to sign Deke and Barry.

I think at this point we should go after Demarr or a similar player who is young, athletic and can shoot from the outside. Key word is YOUNG. This team really showed it's age last year and could use this opportunity to invest in the future.

2. leehoang

leehoang Member

Nick the quick.

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Jay williams out of duke, highest risk reward potential fo available free agents that would sign for the LLE

4. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

for gods sake.... DERMARR JOHNSON!!!!!
    ive been trying to say this for so long now... he is perfect for this team!!!

checklist
    taller than our current shooting guards... CHECK!
    more atheletic than the current shooting guards... CHECK!
    younger than current shooting guards...CHECK!
    hit the open jumper... CHECK!
    play D... CHECK!
    not a cancer... CHECK!
    slasher/get to the basket...CHECK!
    cheap... CHECK!
    cute...CHECK... :eek:

nevermind that last one...

anyways...he is exactly what this teams needs. i dunno why people are all over DA when DJ is a better player.

5. drpepper

drpepper Member

ah...........a voice of reason....... :cool:

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

Right on DUDE!

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Jay Williams. At least see what he can do, maybe give him a D-league stint.

8. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

as great as the thought of jay williams becomming his pastself or remotely close to it...would be nice. but why would we want to gamble on what he COULD do????? :confused:

the point is... why put money into something we arent for sure about? yeah yeah yeah... the gamble COULD be high reward. but why not just go for a player who would fit the team perfectly? stop with what COULD be and start directing ourselves to a sure fire answer to our problems. i dont understand why we need to go for something that isnt a sure answer when we could get it elsewhere. doesnt make too much sense.

additionally, i would much rather get a sg over a pg. who do we have at those respective positions...
    pg: sura/james/head
    sg:wesley/barry

its easy to see that WE gotta get ourselves more atheletic/taller at the 2 spot. sura isnt the fastest cat on the court, but he makes up for it with rebounding and scrappy play. and james and head are both quick players that can shoot and play D. and on top of that these players are young atleast...excluding sura. our sg spot is the EXACT opposite. and thats why we got schooled against dallas. bigger shooting guards were posting us up all day... and had wesley gasping for air.

as i metioned in my previous post in this thread... dermarr johnson would be a great complementary player to tmac swift and yao. he is young and ahteletic...so jvg can get him to play hardnosed D with his long body frame so tracy can put more of an effort on the offense end. and on top of that... he can play on the offensive end too... so he wouldnt be a liability there. ok, im studying organic chem right now... but thats my little rant for dermarr. i just think he would be a great addition to the team. i had to let it out...sorry

:D

9. ALLEN7628

ALLEN7628 Member

Yep Dermarr Johnson would definitely be a good fit, but is it possible from a financial standpoint? The Rockets have no money and I doubt that a sign and trade with Denver would be possible. If possible I would love to have him though.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

Gerald Wallace.

The Bobcats just traded Jason Hart for a secound round pick.

I'm sure we can work something out with them.

Wallace is worth a future first.

12. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

I checked this guy out(for some reason I don't remember him) his stats look like they could definitly get better with the right teammates cough!, cough! and he is very tall for a guard. Where did his 02-03 and 03-04 season go?

13. today

today Contributing Member

He was in an accident as I recall. While playing in Atlanta. Either a bad leg injury or a neck injury, I can't remember.

14. today

today Contributing Member

Found it, it was a neck injury:

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/opportunity_knocks.html

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not Van Exel! Please don't sign this guy or Payton or Spreewell or any overthehill, washed up player. Didn't the Rockets learn anything from Spoon, Strickland, Oakley, Rice, etc., etc. Don't Do It!!!!!

16. amed

amed Contributing Member

Hell no to Jay Williams. He has done nothing to prove himself in the NBA. I would hate to see him out on the court in crucial playoff min making stupid mistakes. This guy is way too inexperienced to be playing for a contender such as the Rockets. The guy I would love them to get is Van Exel. This guy just wants to win. He knows what big time playoff pressure is like and he thrives off of that. He has proven he can hit BIG shots late in games and excels in playoff time. With this guy on the team the Rockets will win it all. He is the missing piece.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Now that Shareef has failed his physical, maybe we can sign him for the LLE. We could then cut JHoward, which would allow us to go over the luxury tax threshold by $7 million for each of the next four years.