1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you pick?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by pugsly8422, Jul 28, 2005.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm in a keeper league and we're in the process of our draft. I have the next 2 picks. I just joined, taking the place of someone who didn't show, so I'm still waiting to find out what the categories will be. Ignoring that fact, which 2 players would you take? Right now I'm leaning towards AK47 and Arenas. I could take Duncan, but I think he's on his way down and I hate how his FT% kills you. Here are the players who have been taken so far:

1)Garnett
    2)Lebron
    3)Wade
    4)Dirk
    5)Amare
    6)Marion
    7)Kobe
    8)Mcgrady
    9)Iverson

Like I said, I have the next 2 picks. Not knowing the categories, who would you take. Remember, this is a keeper league.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pugs

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

AK47 is a good pick...if he's healthy. He's a stat monster the years before last. As for Arenas...i'd take a look at Nash. He doesn't score much, but his assists, FG%, FT% and 3pt% should make up for it.

I'd give you more opinions but this is just off the top of my head since i'm trying to get my football team in order

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Duncan and Pierce.

Even with Duncan's low FT%, I don't see how you can pass him up. And, love him or hate him, Paul Pierce is a superstar up there with T-Mac and Kobe.

Kirilenko would be a fair pick, but I'd go with Duncan and Pierce.

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Thanks for your input guys, but the guy I replaced decided to come back so that means I'm forced to start my own draft even though I didn't want to.

Good luck with your nfl team Sted.

Pugs

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Duncan and Ray Allen - ray allen is consistant top 5 in fantasy leagues. also, he offsets lots of duncan's weaknesses, but lets face it...duncan is a top 5 draft pick in most leagues as well...especially if he has the FC which he should.

keeper leagues scare people into picking young players higher than where they should be taken. both these players have enough years ahead of them to still trade for great value in 3-5 years, after you win many championships.

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

ah, didn't see this post.