1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's going to the Astros Vs. Mets series this weekend? (ROLL CALL)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tim562, Jul 26, 2005.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I got section 254, what row you have?

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why the hate on Beltran? Its all business, you tend to forget. If someone gave more money to do the exact same job, but you had to switch cities, wouldn't you?

I'll be enjoying my seats behind home plate. I guess they sell Haterade in the upper decks.

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hmm, on second thought, I should of traded my seats behind home plate for seats in the upper decks.

a bit easier to throw car batteries from the conoco pump than over a screen behind home plate

ahh well I'll figure out something.

best regards...

-tmac

4. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Not really the idea that he took the better offer, but it's the way he does it. To string a team along for the sake of getting a better offer from someone else. But all's fair. He basically set himself up to be disliked by both cities. All in all, when he finished his Mets career with a .268 BA with moderate power and SBs (don't know what happened there), and have each at bat being closely examined.

Well, it's a matter of opinions. I'm still going to wear the shirt I designed with 2 other people. If you're at the Conoco gas pump Saturday, feel free to say hi! It's a white shirt with the words "Carlos Beltran Sucks" with the words "Go ASTROS!!" at the bottom. It's money well spent!

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Row 11...

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I cant wait for this series. I hope they still have some of those t-shirts left on saturday. This ride is unbeleivable... I used to sit and think to myself that this could be a long a summer watching our astros but once again they are rolling. This team is playing so well right now that I hope they continue. There is a lot of season left but all we need to do is make it to the postseason. We are built for success in the postseason. Three aces and a hammer in the bullpen. Especially now that all of our post season demons are gone. We know how to win playoff games that in the past we would find ways to lose. Lets do it.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

How are they with taking signs into MMP ? Im going Saturday and I have a sign that says " Willy T. > Carlos B. = Owned !!!! " Will they take offense to something like this ?

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Saturday in section 428... can't wait. Hopefully we have the same energy in the building that we did for the first few games Pippen came back to Houston as a Blazer...

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hey man, just make sure you wear a different shirt ontop of it when you walk through the gates (entrance) then take that one off when in the park.

Sometimes, depending on their mood IMO, the door people won't let you wear shirts like that inside.

AHHH! This was my 11,000th post! :eek:.

#49 Uprising, Jul 28, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  10. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

does the though of ezequiel astacio v. pedro martinez scare the crap out of anybody else?

if that's not bad enough, what about wandy rodriguez v. kris benson?

i'll be happy with a split.

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

We'll find a way to pull it out.....they are playing well right now.

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm taking my nephew tonight, we should be heckling from the left field standing room...

13. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I bought my "Beltran Sucks" t shirt last night!!!!!

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

did you really?? how much did it cost??

15. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

wow seriously? Well, thanks for the tip. It'll be hot in Houston weather, but the shirt is well worth it considering the time and money I spent customizing that shirt. I went through it a few times only to have the price be somewhere around 112 bucks for 3 shirts... but found a cheaper place. Either way, I haven't gotten to meet any Astros fans in the BBS, so feel free to come say hi if you're at MMP Saturday. I'll try my best to be at the Conoco Gas station early to get a nice standing spot.

16. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

We can win the series, but beating Pedro is a whole nother story in itself. I would hate to see him ruin our great run. And Beltran always gets at least 1 jack when he pitches. :eek:

17. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Im going Friday. Im not sure what section, but i know its on the 3rd base line, 6 rows up.

18. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

I'll be there Sunday!!! Only my 2nd game this season to attend. Will be out in section 152..think that's right field...got my tix on ebayyy and im pumped!!! :) I'll also be at Tmac's charity game sat. busy weekend!