1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phillies @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 30, 2005.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I attended tonights game as well as last nights (although I left in the 8th tonight. Nachos pwnd my bowels.) I have absolutely zero fingernails left, but the fans...man you guys at the last two games were FANTASTIC! We were all on our feet throughout the night, throwing insults to the yanks from Philly and trying our best to cough up a lung while screaming for our 'Stros.

Good times! Can't wait for tomorrow and Sunday afternoon. Beltran, YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!

2. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I can't count. Stupid french wine.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm also worried about these next 2 games. Our 2 rookies against their best. Astacio and Wandy have both looked good recently, so hopefully that continues against the Mets. If we can get out of the Mets series taking 3 out of 4 I will be very pleased.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They were talking to Orlando Palmero after the game on 610 and he said that he heard Clemens wasn't at 100% tonight physically. Hopefully, it's not too serious. It didn't look like it affected him much.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

They interviewed Roger after the game on the Southwest Sports Report. I didn't hear the whole thing, but I think he said he strained something in his back yesterday and was having sharp pains. Today the pain was more dull, but it was still bothering him. He said he'd take it easy the next few days and it hopefully won't affect him on his next start. With Backe expected to miss his next 2 or 3 starts we really gotta hope this isn't something that lingers for Roger.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He talked about it on FSSW after the game.

Clemens said he had bad tightness in his back that occured yesterday. It was very painful for him yesterday, and even today. Everytime he warmed up he was in bad pain, but he pitched through it today.

He is still in pain and is sure the tightness will come back in the next few days. But he does have a few days off and an extra day. So he feels he will be fine.

Clemens said the stros are rolling and he doesn't want to slow down the line. Oswalt and pettite are flying, and doing their job and he doesn't want to mess it up.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well thanks for putting my recap of the interview to shame. Ass.

:D

8. Uprising

Hey , I was typing and got delayed while watchign tv. :p When I was finaly done like 4 min later I saw you already posted it... ;)

EDIT:...oh, you said putting it to shame. :) in that case....

[​IMG]

9. fya

fya Member

I hope Backe is ok.

10. Uprising

Morgan had an awesome catch onight. It was one of the top 10 plays on ESPN.

11. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Another sweep!! and to think we did it with Ensberg going 2-10 or 2-11 for the series, hopefully he gets his bat back vs. the Mets, we'll need it the first two games.

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was a the game tonight and i was right on the 3rd base side a few rows back it sucked cuase i could see him running and when he slid no one on the third base side could see it and we all reacted when he got up and the first base side started cheering...then we watched the replay and i was like woah...