1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Astros uniform concept you have to see...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tigereye, Jun 25, 2005.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think those are awesome, but I think just about anything is better than what they have now. Pin stripes? What the hell? And I hate that 'traditional' writing on the shirts. Totally unoriginal b.s. I hate how the city now just decides to change uniforms on a whim - I'm sure the Texans will have a new look in the next year or two.

In a recent broadcast, Art Howe was guesting in the booth, and the topic came up about the old rainbow uniforms. Art said something like "those were back in the days when you could tell what teams were playing". Exactly how I feel. How many teams have black hats now? It's ridiculous. The model should be college sports - could you imagine Texas losing the burnt orange? No way that would ever happen.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Haha, I totally agree with Art. I don't think that they should bring back the rainbows, those came from an evil era of color schemes but there is no originality or distinctiveness in current uniform design. Everyone is worried about jersey sells so they don't dare be original or creative.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I love the latest uniforms. I don't see them changing for a long time.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I don't see them changing the uniforms either. Hell, we have RED. I remember reading an article about the "goodness" of red.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

For the record I like the current unis also. I love the brick color.

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I do like the current unis with a couple of exceptions, 1) the saturday home unis have to go, and 2) they need to bring back the black alternate jerseys that they wore in 2000 and 2001. Those were the best.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

those are my all-time favorite Astros unis.

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

:mad:

I do agree that hose do look awfully Mets-ish, though...

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The current uniforms are the best uniforms since I have been watching the Astros (early 90's).

The only uniform I don't like is the weekday home jersey. If we used the Saturday home jersey with the red caps, it would be awesome.