1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

War against Terror, or War against Islam?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketMan Tex, May 24, 2005.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I hear what you saying and agree with it, to an extent, but I'm not talking about whether the war is for democracy or not. I'm just taking Bush's rhetoric at face value.

Do I really believe that is why we went to Iraq? NOT REALLY but in terms of the discussion about whether it is right to wage war for democracy that has been a central subject of GW Bush's rhetoric in the past few years. That's a fact of the content of his speeches not a an opinion on the veracity of those speeches.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I agree both of us understand the rationale behind this war, so there should be no argument here. All war ininiators have their causes, which were taken seriously by the supporters at the face values, regardless of their truthfulness. I think what we are disputing is whether history (or historians) judges face values or real motivations.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do a search with "Deckard" and "troops", or "superb military," or brave men and women of the armed forces, or the like. Use your imagination. You will find many, many references from me being nothing but complimentary of them. Search the same way except insert, "veterans benefits," and see how many hits you get. I'm busy, or I'd do it myself. My son is 14 today, and I have real hopes that he won't face a draft and another idiot, incompetent President like the current fool in the White House.

Go ahead. Make my day.

Keep D&D civil!!