1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 5/7/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2005.

1. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

BELIEVE BABY!!!

ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS BELIEVE!!!

CLUTCH CITY III !!!

2. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Rockets by 3 with a T-Mac buzzer beater.

Then they promptly get run out of the building in Game 1 vs a WELL RESTED Phoenix team.

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Luckily, our confidence has nothing to do with whether or not the Rockets win this series.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Man, it's been a long time since we've been in a game 7.....

5. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

<i>"Knowing that I've been in this situation before, I'm just going to lay everything out on the line - leave everything out on that basketball court, and I'm going to bring my teammates with me," <b>Tracy McGrady on Game 7 </i></b>

TMac is gonna go offfffffff !!!!!!!!!

<a href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/05/06/sports/s170647D82.DTL">AP Wire Story</a>

<b>Mike James BIZATCH!!!!</b>

6. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Anybody see this desktop out at Rockets.com ? Pretty cool, its now my wallpaper.

[​IMG]

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Deliver Me Rockets Deliver Me!

MAN this is going to be the hardest 20 hours of my life to kill

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

man, you think this Game 7 is difficult to wait, IMO, no where near as hard as waiting for Game 7 against the Sonics in 1997, one game to decide whether we could finally beat Seattle in the playoffs

The time BTW Games 6 and 7 of that series was tough.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Reminds me of the NBC intro to Game 7 vs. New York......Bob Costas was narrating as they showed players in the lockerrooms before the games....."sometimes the waiting is the hardest part......Otis Thorpe getting taped up.....Oakley listening to the tunes on his headphones as is his custom before games....."

Back then I used to hate NBC compared to the stellar coverage CBS provided in the '80s. Now I feel like a fool complaining back then what with the garbage we must endure with ESPN/ABC coverage :rolleyes:

Even TNT is annoying as hell with their nonstop shameless promo's and sponsors. I gotta look at their ads just to check the frickin score of the game. TNT = WHORES.

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

11. Houston22

Houston22 Member

That was not a mistake. It was quite well written scenario to motivate his players. It was a bad act though. Avery is still much better coach then actor. His "going crazy" was planned, not spontaneous. It was at least as good move as calling out the refs.

12. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

< preparing mentally for the worst >

Why do I get the feeling we will be seeing a Game-1-like parade to the free throw line by Dallas tomorrow? Even if both sides are called for the same number of fouls, a free throw festival favors Dallas big time.

I'd feel less uncomfortable about the situation if JVG hadn't spouted off quite as strongly against the league.

The bright side out of losing tomorrow is that it keeps the perfect winning record intact against the Spurs. It's not like we're destined to be able to win in their building for the next decade or anything...

< /preparing mentally for the worst >

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Rockets win on a coin flip after 50 overtimes.

14. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Too much confidence in here. This is an elimination game. I favor the Mavs 7-3 in this game, even if TMac steps up (again).

God help us.

15. poison

poison Member

Good luck, ROX

tough game:mad:

16. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

My first predaction ever !

Rockets 101
    Mavs 98

If we lose then there's nothing to wake up for next morning :"(

Please win my wee Rockets

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good thing is, Stephen A. Smith predicted the Rockets to lose.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When the Rockets are focused for 48 minutes the Mavs can not compete.

If the game is close it favors the Mavs...they are 3-1 in close games, we are 2-0 in games not so close.

The Rockets are the better team with the better players, but they seem to respond only when their backs are firmly against a wall.

Well....they are.....

Rockets by 12

Rockets 99
    Mavs 87

DD

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

I don't think it's overconfidence, it's just that we believe in this team. I know this team is going places, but I hope it starts this year. It seems that TMac has more confidence in Yao than Will.

20. rvpals

rvpals Member

DaDakota, Rockets won game 2 by one game winning basket from TMac. So we can win close game too unless there's some phantom no call on out of bound then some free throws to give the Mavs' game.