1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Sun-Times] Barrett, Baker call Astros dirty

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rikesh316, Feb 21, 2005.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

lmao, it's the freaking cubs though so what can you do? talk about sore losers. is tomorrow's article about steve bartman? like nick said it's easy for him to talk smack now as we are not the same team as last season, but i wouldn't mind roy or roger busting one inside a few times on him.

it's funny cause it seems like the astros are respected as a team that plays the right way because of guys like bags and biggio. i still remember a comment from matt morris a couple years ago saying he'd rather lose a playoff berth to the astros then the cubs because he actually respects houson as a team.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Welcome to your new persona. You were loveable losers...a sort of America's team. You're now...whiny b****es. Thank your skipper, Dusty. Baby bears, indeed.

3. msn

msn Member

Well said.

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Cubs need to get over it. They have nothing, but excuses. IMO, I think they were an overpaid underachieved ball club.

Ozwalt is laughing has ass off, I'm sure.

5. MadMax

by the way...that picture of Oswalt grinning makes me love that guy more!! :D Barrett earned the title of ass-clown. A title shared with such standouts as Danny Ainge and John Stockton.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Wow Roy really got inside that guys head. That pic is classic!

7. MadMax

yeah..and i'm wondering...at that point, how many games back were we? we were pretty much an after-thought still at that point, if i remember right. and we psyched out those guys even still. unbelievable. of course, they couldn't handle their business against the Reds down the stretch, so i shouldn't be surprised.

8. benzman501

benzman501 Member

QUICK someone call the wahhhhhhhhhhmbulance!

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

After the 1st game (where Oswalt was tossed), we were 61-62, and 6 games back of the Cubs (who were 67-56).

After the game in Chicago, where Roy dominated and Barrett cried like a baby, we were 65-63, while the Cubs still sat pretty at 71-57.

Of course, that game was the start of our 12-game winning streak that turned our season around... so in a way, we have to attribute some of our season's turn-around to this one event... even if it was just one big coincidence.

10. msn

msn Member

We've got to come up with some creative "titty baby" signs for Mikey Barrett when his scrubs come to town...

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I so have to make me a HUGE poster for the Cubs astros games when I go!

-----BIG BABIES-----
    -Barrett------BAKER-

[​IMG]

#31 Uprising, Feb 22, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2005