1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something to Lighten the Mood...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Stone Cold Hakeem, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Johnny and Kip were playing hoops at Meyer Park.
    Suddenly a vicious pit bull came up and attacked Kip. Instead of
    panicking, Johnny sneaked up behind the dog, stuck his hockey stick
    in the dog's collar, and broke the dog's neck.

A reporter from Houston heard about what had happened with the boy
    and he went to the Johnny's house to him. He asked Johnny how all of
    this happened, and Johnny told him. Then he asked Johnny if he could
    write about him, and Johnny said sure. So the reporter pulled out his
    notepad and started writing, "Rockets fan from Houston saves friend
    from vicious dog."

Johnny said, "I'm not a Rockets fan."

So the reporter started writing again. "Astros fan from Houston
    saves friend from dog."

Johnny said, "I'm not a Astros fan either."

The reporter finally asked, "What the hell are you a fan of?"

Johnny said, "I'm a Utah Jazz fan."

The reporter frowned and stared writing again: "Little b*stard from
    Utah kills family pet."

------------------
    It doesn't matter if I have a signature!

2. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

I posted this awhile ago, but good things should always be repeated ...

A Guy Named Bob

A guy named Bob receives a free ticket to a Rocket's homegame from his company.

Unfortunately, when Bob arrives at the Compaq Center he realizes the seat is in the last row in the upper corner of the center. The " nosebleeders seats". Dang, he is closer to God than the court action. About halfway through the first quarter, Bob notices an empty seat 5 rows back from courtside.

He decides to take a chance and makes his way through the upper seating and around the security guards to the empty seat at the lower bowl level. As he sits down, he asks the gentleman sitting next to him, "Ah … excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" The man says no, and Bob sits back, relaxes and starts watching the game.

Bob is very excited to be in such a great seat for the game, and says to the man next to him, "This is incredible! Who in their right mind would have a Rocket seat like this and not use it?"

The man replies, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me, I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first homegame where we haven't been here together since we got married in 1971."

"Well, that's really sad," says Bob, "but still, couldn't you find someone to take the seat? A relative or a close friend?"

"No," the man replies, "they're all at the funeral."

My kind of Rocket Fan!!!!!!!!!!

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

Along similar lines....

A man is playing golf and is lining up a put when he notices a funeral procession going past on the street. He stops, takes his hat off and waits while it passes.

His partner comments about how respectful the man is, to which the man responds;

"It's the least I could do, today would have been our 30th wedding anniversary"

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member