1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am......ALIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMan Tex, Oct 12, 2000.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Just wanted to drop my brothas and sistahs in the BBS a line to let y'all know that I am alive & kicking. I had surgery on Tuesday and had my deviated septum fixed, my tonsils taken out & my uvula amputated. Spent Tuesday night in the hospital and got released yesterday and will be spending the next couple of days at my folks place. My throat is sore and I look like a freak with two pieces of plastic up my nose, but all is well and I keep feeling better every day. One thing I have learned: the baseball playoffs sure are amusing after you've been given a big old shot of Demerol!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

My god, Tex, you had your VULVA removed?? That must have been really painfu--....oh, your UVULA....whew!! I started to cringe there for a minute....

For those who haven't taken medical terminology, uvula is more commonly known as "the hangy ball thing in the back of your mouth"

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

A-train

The funny thing is that I knew what a uvula was from an old Saturday Night Live skit about 20 years ago, when Gilda Radner was telling Jane Curtain she had her uvula removed. Of course, they did not tell (in the skit) what a uvula was.....funny stuff!

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

OK, stupid question of the day....I know what the septum is, but what is a deviated septum?

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the mother****** upside the head!

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

Hey RMTex,

I have a deviated septum and constantly suffer from blocked nose and other symptoms as a result. Why did you opt for surgery?

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

A deviated septum is a coke injury

just kidding RMTex--glad you're OK

Demoral is better than coke anyway [​IMG]

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

and here i was thinking that i was having a bad week because i had a cold. Good luck Tex, hope u feel better.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Davo...I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnia after spending a night at Hermann Hospital's sleep clinic about 6 months ago. My 3 previous girlfriends had all told me that I stopped breathing while I sleep, sometimes for 30 seconds, so I got my regular doctor to schedule an appointment at the sleep clinic. The clinic confirmed the apnia and recommended that I sleep with a CPAP machine, which is basically a mask and air-blower that forces air down your windpipe while you sleep. Well, I couldn't imagine wearing this damn thing every night for the rest of my life (plus, how sexy would that be...ooh baby let's make love...WHEEZE!), so I began to explore alternatives. When I did so, I found out that my tonsils were 1.5 times the size they should be, and my septum was so deviated it resembled the letter C. So, I figured I'd better step up to the plate and get it done. All indications so far show that it will solve the problem. I'll be visiting the surgeon tomorrow and also next Friday to close this thing out once and for all. If you want the surgeon's name and number, e-mail me at the address on my profile and I will send it to you. He's really good. Adios...rmt

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

10. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Oxygen deprivation during sleep explains a lot. [​IMG]

------------------