1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do 'Stros go from here?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by liamrock, Jan 9, 2005.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

You call that a plan B? You'd be giving up our third best starter for a player much less talented than Beltran. When Plan A was signing Beltran and keeping Backe/Burke, your Plan B looks like a real turd by comparison.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Soriano is not exactly chopped liver. However, common sense tells us that your plan B is never as good as your A plan. Doesn't change the fact that they have one and that the offseason isn't over.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

And reading your baseball posts is a lot like watching Pee-Wee Hermann doing calculus...but none of us have mentioned that.

The fact of the matter is that Soriano put up offensive statistics similar to Beltran's. No...he doesn't give you speed in the outfield.

Another FACT is that Beltran would not have been nearly as coveted had he not gotten hot at the right time. Cha-ching.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The more and more I let things digest, I think we won't be that bad...I know we don't have Kent or Beltran, but we were a descent team before they showed up...Now of course, nothing will compare to last years team, but I really think we'll do ok...

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

Did you mean decent or descending?